Who else is pulling for France this weekend in College Park?

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Who else is pulling for France this weekend in College Park?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I wish UMd could get crushed every week just like against FSU.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Who else is pulling for France this weekend in College P

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I wish UMd could get crushed every week just like against FSU.
I want both to lose.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I wish UMd could get crushed every week just like against FSU.

I am. Randy Edsall is a douche, suck butt coach who thinks he invented the game. His biggest win of his career came against Rutgers at home. What a preening fraud that guy is... I hope UVA kills them
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

I wish UVA would win every games until VT...it makes the victory that much sweeter.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

I root grudgingly for all ACC teams when they play OOC opponents (well, accept when UVA plays Div II schools, hehe). But yes, I will be rooting for the Who's to beat the snot out of the Twerps.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Really, I'd rather they pick up a second loss and then they are free to beat Miami for us and help us out in the division.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

The Turtles abandoned the ACC - they need to lose to everyone they play.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:The Turtles abandoned the ACC - they need to lose to everyone they play.
Good point. Time for some turtle soup!

Too bad we can't send the entire state (minus homebrew and swabbie of course) to the rust belt with their athletics.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I don't of "pulling for them" is the right term.

A MD loss would be good for us. So, I'm rooting for us.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RWNJ
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

LOL, like that's gonna happen. Sorry, but I'm having such a good time watching the hoos loose.
Hokie5150 wrote:
I wish UVA would win every games until VT...it makes the victory that much sweeter.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
RWNJ

Post by RWNJ »

You mean like VT abandoned the BE? Glass houses my friend.
Florida Hokie wrote:The Turtles abandoned the ACC - they need to lose to everyone they play.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

RWNJ wrote:You mean like VT abandoned the BE? Glass houses my friend.
The Big East abandoned Tech in 1995.

The football schools promised that if the roundball schools wouldn't accept all of us as equals, then we would leave the conference and form the BABE. Instead, the roundball schools decided to accept just RUTSgers and WVU and leave Tech and Temple on the outside looking in.
RWNJ

Post by RWNJ »

Yes, they did abandon us in 95, but we were still full members when we left. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we left, we were never much more than the red-headed step child anyway.
BigDave wrote:
RWNJ wrote:You mean like VT abandoned the BE? Glass houses my friend.
The Big East abandoned Tech in 1995.

The football schools promised that if the roundball schools wouldn't accept all of us as equals, then we would leave the conference and form the BABE. Instead, the roundball schools decided to accept just RUTSgers and WVU and leave Tech and Temple on the outside looking in.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

I'll pull for the 'Hoos. Despite the joking I pull for UVa when not playing VT.

The institution, especially the medical center, has been a very large part of our life and we're thankful for it. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

We weren't really full members. We never got one dime from profit sharing from the roundball conference.

I'm not upset with Maryland for leaving ... but it's hardly the same thing. The Big East knew all along that the ACC is where we wanted to be whereas the ACC was completely blindsided when Maryland left. All that said, Loserville is an instant upgrade in every way.
RWNJ wrote:Yes, they did abandon us in 95, but we were still full members when we left. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we left, we were never much more than the red-headed step child anyway.
chuckd4vt

Post by chuckd4vt »

I have a rule. I root for the entire ACC, except UVA and UNC. Unless we need them to win for us to make the ACCCG or something, I NEVER root for the Caves or Heels. Those are the two that have prevented us from having NC talent. If we could have had some UVA Olinemen and a few UNC Dlinemen, we would have one or two trophies right now. Anyhow, we really need football to remain an afterthought at the two so we can get a few more key Ayers to put us over the top.