damn back

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

damn back

Post by awesome guy »

AG is down and out again. This time though, I don't have crippling pain or am using a walker to get around. But am close. My legs aren't really operating properly. They're weak and I'm losing my balance. I think the nerves are pinched and so they aren't receiving the appropriate electrical signals. Shooting pain from the hips and down the legs. And right in time for spring fishing. Just shoot me now.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: damn back

Post by Major Kong »

:( :( :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Dang AG. Sorry to hear this. Do you ever try these kinds of exercises? http://youtu.be/fkyL_IvYBcg

These helped me a lot.....

Hope you get to feeling better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Dang AG. Sorry to hear this. Do you ever try these kinds of exercises? http://youtu.be/fkyL_IvYBcg

These helped me a lot.....

Hope you get to feeling better.

Sorta, I did something similar in physical therapy as at the 1:00 mark, but on a tube and it was more of just a balancing type thing to work the abs. But that foam roll thing looks great, thanks for sharing, I'll likely give it a try. I'm getting some more injections in my spine here soon and hope that takes care of me at least for the spring and summer fishing to push off surgery.

This back stuff is crazy though. When I wrote the original post, I was in crushing pain. Like couldn't move my legs, had a hard time getting in and out of my truck, etc. I was ready to get the surgery. And then I discovered a stretch that really my wife does on the lower back and that took out most of the pain. I was 100% pain free one day. I felt so good I was able to kayak for the first time in about 7 months. But it's been coming back a little more each day as that stretch is losing it's effectiveness. The doctor says I'm excellent candidate for surgery and we'll try these spinal injections 1 or 2 more times before surgery. Hoping to avoid it, but I've lost control of my legs from time to time and that kind of freaks me out a bit. I was hoping for laser surgery just to open the bones around the nerves, but will get a spinal fusion too to bring more stability to it. And I'm tired of missing fishing or being in an awkward position of having to lift the 50-70 pound fish into the motor boat when with friends. Even with my back stuff, I'm still by far the strongest guy out there and so get anchor duty or pulling the 70 pound fish out of the water by his mouth duty. Even while crippled, I'm a force! :) Sure doesn't help the back. One dude I fish with has a 27 foot cc and isn't strong enough to control the anchor line and boat in moderate wind, so I always end up pulling anchor with him. That is a heavy boat, but he should be able to pull anchor on it. So I can technically still do it, but am then about crippled the next day. Anyway, I don't fish with him much anymore because of that. My other primary fishing buddy fishes out mostly out of a 17 foot Carolina Skiff and he has an electric wench. Anchor duty is easy there as I just push the button on the remote control. But he's also older, weaker, and won't buy a big enough net, so I have hank the monster cats in the boat by their mouth. That doesn't bother me but so much, but still sucks and really can't be helping.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I can see how the losing feeling in your legs would freak you out. It would freak me out too. Good luck with the shots, and keep stretching out the vertebrae. It is crazy how the pinching of the vertebrae can screw up everything. Prayers to you buddy.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila