03/22/2016 1st acre of grass mowed for the season...

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

03/22/2016 1st acre of grass mowed for the season...

Post by Major Kong »

I'll finish the rest tomorrow.

I just wanted to see if I could do it. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: 03/22/2016 1st acre of grass mowed for the season...

Post by awesome guy »

Hurraaaaay!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I love the fresh smell of... Grass in the afternoon

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I'm fascinated by hard work. I can sit back and watch it all day.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

My shoulder and elbow held up pretty well...still stiff and the strength hasn't come back (maybe 40%). I mowed the "toughest" part of our +4½ acres. It took me about 30 minutes, I took it slow. I'm sore but not overly so.

Even though I have a lawn tractor I still get beat up a bit. :)

I got the lawn tractor, Stihl weed wacker, chain saw and leaf blower all tuned up and ready myself. It took 2 days but I did it. Things I used to take for granted and could do in an afternoon now take two afternoons and an evening.

The hardest thing :?: I swear you don't realize how hard it is to pour oil into the opening when your hands won't stay still for a second...thank goodness I had an funnel. :( Also my hand tight was tight...people used to cuss me out because they had to use a wrench to loosen something up I tightened up by hand. Now my hand tight is just a tad beyond loosey goosey...I actually had to use a filter wrench to tighten up my oil filter. I had to go to Auto Zone and buy one.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:My shoulder and elbow held up pretty well...still stiff and the strength hasn't come back (maybe 40%). I mowed the "toughest" part of our +4½ acres. It took me about 30 minutes, I took it slow. I'm sore but not overly so.

Even though I have a lawn tractor I still get beat up a bit. :)

I got the lawn tractor, Stihl weed wacker, chain saw and leaf blower all tuned up and ready myself. It took 2 days but I did it. Things I used to take for granted and could do in an afternoon now take two afternoons and an evening.

The hardest thing :?: I swear you don't realize how hard it is to pour oil into the opening when your hands won't stay still for a second...thank goodness I had an funnel. :( Also my hand tight was tight...people used to cuss me out because they had to use a wrench to loosen something up I tightened up by hand. Now my hand tight is just a tad beyond loosey goosey...I actually had to use a filter wrench to tighten up my oil filter. I had to go to Auto Zone and buy one.

prayers buddy.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Finished everything this afternoon in about 2 hrs...not bad. :)

Somewhat sore but not bad.

As I was mowing I accidentally nudged a small log away from our wood pile causing it to roll down the hill. My Aussie, Burt, was down below me "supervising", lying on his back with his paws in the air and the log hit his butt.

It startled him and he jumped up and the log continued it's way...if you've never seen an Aussie Shepherd trying to herd a rolling log while it's going down hill it's truly a sight to behold. :D

To his credit he did stop it before it made it to the bottom of the hill. :mrgreen:

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Oh and for the record buying your filters, plugs and other maintenance things from Amazon is much cheaper than from the dealer...and faster too. :D

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Oh and for the record buying your filters, plugs and other maintenance things from Amazon is much cheaper than from the dealer...and faster too. :D
It is hard to beat Amazon. I even buy most of my clothes from them anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:It is hard to beat Amazon. I even buy most of my clothes from them anymore.
Even out here in the boonies where you're so far out you have to go back towards town to hunt with Amazon Prime I get things faster than what most of the stores can do and cheaper too.

I get many of my clothes and shoes from either Amazon or Duluth Trading (great stuff)...I even get most of my shaving stuff from Amazon.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Major Kong wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:It is hard to beat Amazon. I even buy most of my clothes from them anymore.
Even out here in the boonies where you're so far out you have to go back towards town to hunt with Amazon Prime I get things faster than what most of the stores can do and cheaper too.

I get many of my clothes and shoes from either Amazon or Duluth Trading (great stuff)...I even get most of my shaving stuff from Amazon.
Duluth Trading...awesome marketing/commercials.