Batman vs. Superman

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Batman vs. Superman

Post by awesome guy »

It's a train wreck costing you $13 to see. It was awful.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Batman vs. Superman

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I took my three kids yesterday. Meh. Wait for Netflix. Even the 12 year old said, "Six out of ten". Poor execution to put it mildly. I think the editing was especially horrible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

There's a 50% differential between the critics' reviews (appx. 25% fresh on rotten tomatoes) and the movie-goers' (appx. 75%). Seems to be a movie that the diehards/snobby critics seem to not like, but the average movie-goer appears to enjoy it. I'll probably see it next weekend and will walk into the movie without any great expectations and see what happens. I'm more of a Batman than Superman guy, so I'm merely interested in seeing how Affleck pulls off both Bruce Wayne and Batman.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Baltimore Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Ind.

Post by Baltimore Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:There's a 50% differential between the critics' reviews (appx. 25% fresh on rotten tomatoes) and the movie-goers' (appx. 75%). Seems to be a movie that the diehards/snobby critics seem to not like, but the average movie-goer appears to enjoy it. I'll probably see it next weekend and will walk into the movie without any great expectations and see what happens. I'm more of a Batman than Superman guy, so I'm merely interested in seeing how Affleck pulls off both Bruce Wayne and Batman.
Yeah, this film is solidly in Transformers territory. But this one is suffering from BAD word of mouth. It won't make Transformers bank.

I thought it was mediocre more than anything. Batman was fine, as was Wonder Woman, but everything else was bad to middling. Bad screenplay especially. But mostly, it was just no fun. Marvel Entertainment knows how to make superhero films. DC, not so much.