Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: Wonder how the Penn State Truthers will spin this

Post by BigDave »

Good grief.

And why exactly did the NCAA restore their wins? They should be forfeiting (not vacating) every win since 1976 if this is true.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Unbelievable.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

Well there is a truther in this forum so I'm sure we'll find out.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

I'm sure they'll defend it. The NCAA sucks too.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

NCAA cowards. Removed all the sanctions the day the Ray Rice video hit the air so there was no news coverage.

Penn State should get the death penalty, the whole f'n school not just the football program.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:I'm sure they'll defend it. The NCAA sucks too.
Agreed.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Florida Hokie wrote:
A sampling from PSU boards:
Attachments
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (42.84 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (30.65 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (13.37 KiB) Viewed 5804 times
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Wonder which one is TMO2?
ArmyNavyGuy
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech and Johns Hopkins
Party: Republican

Post by ArmyNavyGuy »

I can't even imagine if this happened at Tech. I'd be ashamed to tell anyone I was an alum.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

I don't think that's fair by my recollection. I remember her asking lots of "questions," but I also remember her getting pretty quiet once more information became available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

I don't think that's fair by my recollection. I remember her asking lots of "questions," but I also remember her getting pretty quiet once more information became available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
I would be shocked if she hasn't defended Joe Paterno on this particular board and this board didn't exist until well after all the information became available.

cwcter is the other one on here who continuously defends JoePa.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

I would be shocked if she hasn't defended Joe Paterno on this particular board and this board didn't exist until well after all the information became available.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall her starting any threads like that on uwsboard.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I don't think that's fair by my recollection. I remember her asking lots of "questions," but I also remember her getting pretty quiet once more information became available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall her starting any threads like that on uwsboard.

http://www.uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f ... rno#p64933

She's a "JoePa did it by the book" person.

"The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook."
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

except i don't defend him, I don't blame him for not stopping a child predator that fooled EVERYONE including the cops and all people involved for over 30 years....but jo pa was supposed to stop him? What I have said from day 1 is that yes there were rumors and innuendo but ZERO charges so if your friend was being accused of this and you have no proof but the rumors are you believing the rumors or your friend? Yes, it is an impossible call to make.

keep in mind that people do get accused of doing things that they have never done, including abusing children. Usually the accusation is enough to wipe out a person tho. IN Sandusky case nothing stuck to him at all for over 30 years.

I also am sad that if one of the early victims had come forward and persued a case against Sandusky it is likely none of the other victims would have happened. Keep in mind that the cops had him on tape talking to one of the mothers of a victim and admitting to something and this was early in his actions.... and he was not even arrested

So no I don't blame jo pa for not getting himself made a police officer and handling Sandusky

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Solid use of the quote function, now your mindless prose is quoted as me having said it.

Joe Paterno continuously employed a man and after he retired gave facility access to a man who was consistently accused of inappropriate actions with boys. He was constantly seen with said boys.

No one is saying he should be the person solely responsible for stopping Sandusky, but he disgustingly did nothing after numerous warning signs.

UVA was set to hire Sandusky and after vetting him move in a different direction (Al Groh). It's pretty obvious what they heard. This wasn't some secret that blew Paterno's mind. He has blood on his hands. It's beyond obvious.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I don't think that's fair by my recollection. I remember her asking lots of "questions," but I also remember her getting pretty quiet once more information became available. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f ... rno#p64933

She's a "JoePa did it by the book" person.

"The officials who dumped it on Penn State could have stopped Sandusky years before but they got rid of the investigating Counselor and replaced her with another who said in 1998 upon the first complaints by mothers of kids that there was no evidence of any wrongdoing by Sandusky. The State Police said the same thing (and 5 of them were discovered last year to have taken a trip to Thaiiland for little girls). And the District Attorney, Ray Gricar's computer hard drive was found in the river by his abandoned car. Gricar, himself has never been found. The NCAA just came out with a handbook on how to handle sexual assault/abuse situations and guess what, Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier did exactly what they were supposed to according to that handbook."
OK, fair enough. I retract my statement.... damn, forgot the board has been around that long.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Solid use of the quote function, now your mindless prose is quoted as me having said it.

Joe Paterno continuously employed a man and after he retired gave facility access to a man who was consistently accused of inappropriate actions with boys. He was constantly seen with said boys.

No one is saying he should be the person solely responsible for stopping Sandusky, but he disgustingly did nothing after numerous warning signs.

UVA was set to hire Sandusky and after vetting him move in a different direction (Al Groh). It's pretty obvious what they heard. This wasn't some secret that blew Paterno's mind. He has blood on his hands. It's beyond obvious.
all you have is i messed up the placement of the reply, weak sauce dude.

Penn State employed Sandusky and again how would Jo Pa know wether the rumors were true or not. The dude hid it from his entire family and got away with it for over 30 years but Jo Pa was supposed to have known for sure that the dude was a deviant? how?

The use of the facilities was standard practice for all retired faculty, heck my pop still uses the VT facilities and he has been retired for many years now. Again what was Jo Pa supposed to do? Go to the cops and say the guy was messing with children? how was he supposed to prove it. Not sure you have ever dealt with cops but accusations with zero proof usually don't get alot of response from them. Cops have to wait until something happens, just ask wives that are attacked by former husbands, until something concrete happens the cops can do nothing.

I think Sandusky is guilty, it is sad that none of the victims tried to stop the dude, that is called concrete evidence, rumors are not.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:Solid use of the quote function, now your mindless prose is quoted as me having said it.

Penn State employed Sandusky and again how would Jo Pa know wether the rumors were true or not. The dude hid it from his entire family and got away with it for over 30 years but Jo Pa was supposed to have known for sure that the dude was a deviant? how?

The use of the facilities was standard practice for all retired faculty, heck my pop still uses the VT facilities and he has been retired for many years now. Again what was Jo Pa supposed to do? Go to the cops and say the guy was messing with children? how was he supposed to prove it. Not sure you have ever dealt with cops but accusations with zero proof usually don't get alot of response from them. Cops have to wait until something happens, just ask wives that are attacked by former husbands, until something concrete happens the cops can do nothing.

I think Sandusky is guilty, it is sad that none of the victims tried to stop the dude, that is called concrete evidence, rumors are not.
Of course his family knew.
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nothing like blaming the victims when it comes to sexual assault. Joe Pa is guilt-free, those kids that got molested have no one to blame but themselves.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

so all spouses know when the other spouse is doing things? really? ideally yes but there are many cases of spouses not knowing what the other spouse is up to wether it be infidelity or financially
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Nothing like blaming the victims when it comes to sexual assault. Joe Pa is guilt-free, those kids that got molested have no one to blame but themselves.
nothing like blaming a criminals friends for his actions, right? I blame the criminal and that is all, not everyone he happens to know. I do expect victims of crimes to come forward to stop the criminal from continuing their actions. So yes, in my opinion if you are a victim of a crime then you need to prosecute it to the fullest extent. It may be super painful but it stops the next person from becoming a victim as the criminal realizes there is zero consequence of their deviant action.

but of course we see it every day of people that refuse to do anything when a criminal act is done to them.

I am not blaming the victims tho, but as stated above they have a responsibility as they have the evidence and the very good case, again, rumors are hard to get a conviction on. If so Hillary would have been in jail 45 years ago
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

nothing like blaming a criminals friends for his actions, right? I blame the criminal and that is all, not everyone he happens to know. I do expect victims of crimes to come forward to stop the criminal from continuing their actions. So yes, in my opinion if you are a victim of a crime then you need to prosecute it to the fullest extent. It may be super painful but it stops the next person from becoming a victim as the criminal realizes there is zero consequence of their deviant action.

but of course we see it every day of people that refuse to do anything when a criminal act is done to them.

I am not blaming the victims tho, but as stated above they have a responsibility as they have the evidence and the very good case, again, rumors are hard to get a conviction on. If so Hillary would have been in jail 45 years ago
Come on. JoePa was the boss. He knew what was happening and did nothing to stop it or fire Sandusky. He's completely guilty.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

so all spouses know when the other spouse is doing things? really? ideally yes but there are many cases of spouses not knowing what the other spouse is up to wether it be infidelity or financially
Did you just compare pedophilia to having an affair?

Let's roll with it....how many spouses don't find out about multiple affairs over the course of 30+ years? Remember that they have a financial incentive to STFU too.