UT -10.5

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
BG Hokie

Re: UT -10.5

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:BG, remind me I the future to never doubt you on such matters [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We outgained them. Despite, getting our butts kicked because of stupid penalties and turnovers, I'm somewhat encouraged. Sure, we blew that game and it was embarrassing but I could see that being a turning point to turn it around for the conference season. We absolutely can't continue to fumble the ball at this rate, that will get better, if for no other reason than sheer luck.
Thanks for the update Captain Obvious.
Dude, keep the bull excrement on UWS.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:BG, remind me I the future to never doubt you on such matters [emoji849]

We outgained them. Despite, getting our butts kicked because of stupid penalties and turnovers, I'm somewhat encouraged. Sure, we blew that game and it was embarrassing but I could see that being a turning point to turn it around for the conference season. We absolutely can't continue to fumble the ball at this rate, that will get better, if for no other reason than sheer luck.
We need to give our Buddy BG some credit here AG. He was right, we were wrong.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

We were all wrong. No one predicted 5 turnovers, especially where they left the ball. Like the MNC, we won everything that didn't mater stats wize. So we were right that we have the talent and they really couldn't stop us. We were wrong in not anticipating implosion.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

We were all wrong. No one predicted 5 turnovers, especially where they left the ball. Like the MNC, we won everything that didn't mater stats wize. So we were right that we have the talent and they really couldn't stop us. We were wrong in not anticipating implosion.
Nope. the spread was VT+10.5. Hokies didn't cover.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Nope. the spread was VT+10.5. Hokies didn't cover.

Yeah, on that point he was right. But the argument was about talent and all of that. I don't want to sound UVA about it, but we did have more yards, better yards per carry, etc. We can't win games though when turning over the ball at the 10, 20, 4, etc yard line. We gave them super easy scores by the awful placement of fumbles. I think our guys kind of wanted it too much. They were too focused on breaking plays wide open that they didn't take care of the fundamentals. If they did that then it would have been a different game. Even if they only made 2 super stupid fumbles, we still could have won. We blew ourselves up. But hey, we lost fair and square, that's all part of the game.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:

Yeah, on that point he was right. But the argument was about talent and all of that. I don't want to sound UVA about it, but we did have more yards, better yards per carry, etc. We can't win games though when turning over the ball at the 10, 20, 4, etc yard line. We gave them super easy scores by the awful placement of fumbles. I think our guys kind of wanted it too much. They were too focused on breaking plays wide open that they didn't take care of the fundamentals. If they did that then it would have been a different game. Even if they only made 2 super stupid fumbles, we still could have won. We blew ourselves up. But hey, we lost fair and square, that's all part of the game.

Talent doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with skill and scheme (coaching). Some highly rated talent has rolled thru BBurg over the years, but we failed to capitilize on much of it because of an o-coordinator who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

UT did have more talent on the field at many positions. However, our scheme confused them. They were fortunate that our offense
didn't have all the finer points of the scheme down- that's all. Had our O been clicking on all cylinders, we could've torched them on those blitzes. All things in good time.

On a side note: I'm beginning to wonder if Butch Jones is a good coach. This year may say a lot.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Talent doesn't necessarily go hand-in-hand with skill and scheme (coaching). Some highly rated talent has rolled thru BBurg over the years, but we failed to capitilize on much of it because of an o-coordinator who didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

UT did have more talent on the field at many positions. However, our scheme confused them. They were fortunate that our offense
didn't have all the finer points of the scheme down- that's all. Had our O been clicking on all cylinders, we could've torched them on those blitzes. All things in good time.

On a side note: I'm beginning to wonder if Butch Jones is a good coach. This year may say a lot.
Yes, Tennessee doesn't look very good with all of their talent. Will be interesting to see how their SEC season goes... They have a lot of improvement to make IMO. If Butch Jones can't at least match last year with all of that really good young talent coming back, fans will be pissed. And, at some point, it might not be as easy to have so much success recruiting.