Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

FBI Reopening Clinton Email Case

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

FBI probing new Clinton emails
Everett Rosenfeld | @Ev_Rosenfeld

The FBI is probing new emails related to Hillary Clinton, FBI Director James Comey said in a Friday letter.

"In previous congressional testimony, I referred to the fact that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had completed its investigation of former Secretary Clinton's personal email server. Due to recent developments, I am writing to supplement my previous testimony," Comey wrote.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation," he added.

"Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be signifcant, and I cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work, I believe it is important to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony," Comey concluded.

Stocks turned negative after the report of the new probe. Many analysts have said that markets were pricing in a Clinton victory in November.

The letter was addressed to several lawmakers who chaired committees relevant to the FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server.

https://twitter.com/jasoninthehouse/sta ... =twsrc^tfw

NBC News reported that Judiciary Committee Republicans were not expecting this news from the FBI, and it is not in response to any question from the Senate Judiciary Republicans.

"We're interested to know what else they're going to be looking at," a spokesman for the Judiciary Committee Republicans said.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/28/fbi-prob ... mails.html

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: FBI Reopening Clinton Email Case

Post by awesome guy »

They'll find nothing tomorrow and then blame Trump, somehow. It's another show investigation. A real one may emerge after she loses the election.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

How's Trump gonna screw this one up?
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Louie DePalma

Post by Louie DePalma »

nolanvt wrote:How's Trump gonna screw this one up?
I'm sure that the MSM will help him to find a way
This is Louieland. You want America, go outside!
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

"In connection with an unrelated case..."

Clinton foundation? As everyone in America except james comey knew, the email stuff was to hide her corruption which was commingled with her selling access to state department and united states policy.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:FBI probing new Clinton emails

The FBI is probing new emails related to Hillary Clinton, FBI Director James Comey said in a Friday letter.

"In previous congressional testimony, I referred to the fact that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) had completed its investigation of former Secretary Clinton's personal email server. Due to recent developments, I am writing to supplement my previous testimony," Comey wrote.

"In connection with an unrelated case, the FBI has learned of the existence of emails that appear to be pertinent to the investigation. I am writing to inform you that the investigative team briefed me on this yesterday, and I agreed that the FBI should take appropriate investigative steps designed to allow investigators to review these emails to determine whether they contain classified information, as well as to assess their importance to our investigation," he added.

"Although the FBI cannot yet assess whether or not this material may be signifcant, and I cannot predict how long it will take us to complete this additional work, I believe it is important to update your Committees about our efforts in light of my previous testimony," Comey concluded.

Stocks turned negative after the report of the new probe. Many analysts have said that markets were pricing in a Clinton victory in November.

The letter was addressed to several lawmakers who chaired committees relevant to the FBI investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server.

NBC News reported that Judiciary Committee Republicans were not expecting this news from the FBI, and it is not in response to any question from the Senate Judiciary Republicans.

"We're interested to know what else they're going to be looking at," a spokesman for the Judiciary Committee Republicans said.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Louie DePalma wrote:
I'm sure that the MSM will help him to find a way
Yup! Let's find some more groping victims......stat!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
hawk1965
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: democrat

Post by hawk1965 »

Does not reflect very highly on Comey's competence does it. After months of wasting money to find nothing, plus his abhorrent press conference which was refuted when he testified under oath,he now needs stolen, and more than likely doctored documents to open his mouth again.
Give me a break,you damn people would investigate Santa Claus until the artic melted, trying to prove he overcharges little kids ,if he said he was a democrat.
Comey has been a disgrace with this investigation.Put it to rest already!
This country does not need another investigation,it needs to get these screw balls republicans out of power.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Bigly if the past is any indicator.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:"In connection with an unrelated case..."

Clinton foundation? As everyone in America except james comey knew, the email stuff was to hide her corruption which was commingled with her selling access to state department and united states policy.

No kidding... everyone knows what is in those 33k emails.... it is all quod pro quo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:"In connection with an unrelated case..."

No kidding... everyone knows what is in those 33k emails.... it is all quod pro quo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. FBI has to prosecute now to save face since the truth is coming out, despite their attempts to subvert it.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hillary's campaign manager just deleted all his tweets....

www.twitter.com/robbymook

Hmm
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

OK I'm going out on a limb a little here but here goes.

I have a 1st cousin (Dad's brother's son) who worked at Justice and Homeland Security.

He wasn't low level in any way but is now in the private sector as a Public Policy Consultant.

He lives in Houston but still has a lot of connections with Justice.

He's in this week and we were talking a little while ago and he said this will not end well for HRC. The FBI and the Justice Department are under a whole lot of pressure internally and externally from the way the original case was handled and the complete and utter clusterphuque it created.

I told him I doubt if anything comes from it after all there is so much out there now and nothing stuck. He said that the whole wiki leaks things has smacked them right across the face. There was noway that the powers that be were prepared for what was revealed in the emails and the level of corruption it entailed.

Though it was known with a wink that the Clinton's were a criminal enterprise it was good unless exposed. It's been exposed.

I still think that somehow it will end up being a big Meh.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Don't worry your little PCBro head there Nolan. Your pal Bill will meet Sweet Loretta on a tarmac somewhere to offer payment in unmarked foreign currency brought in by private jet. All to protect your gal Hillaryious......nothing will happen.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Hillary's campaign manager just deleted all his tweets....

http://www.twitter.com/robbymook

Hmm
Man, that guy is a mook......

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Hmm
All of his tweets that never existed in the first place?

https://twitter.com/jmpalmieri/status/7 ... 1638324225

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:OK I'm going out on a limb a little here but here goes.

I have a 1st cousin (Dad's brother's son) who worked at Justice and Homeland Security.

He wasn't low level in any way but is now in the private sector as a Public Policy Consultant.

He's in this week and we were talking a little while ago and he said this will not end well for HRC. The FBI and the Justice Department are under a whole lot of pressure internally and externally from the way the original case was handled and the complete and utter clusterphuque it created.

I told him I doubt if anything comes from it after all there is so much out there now and nothing stuck. He said that the whole wiki leaks things has smacked them right across the face. There was noway that the powers that be were prepared for what was revealed in the emails and the level of corruption it entailed.

Though it was known with a wink that the Clinton's were a criminal enterprise it was good unless exposed. It's been exposed.

I'm in the skeptic corner too. Taking down the Clintons brings down half of DC with them. The powers at be aren't having any of that, they'll let them off or blame some low level IRS agent in Cleveland for the mess and call it a day.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:

I'm in the skeptic corner too. Taking down the Clintons brings down half of DC with them. The powers at be aren't having any of that, they'll let them off or blame some low level IRS agent in Cleveland for the mess and call it a day.
Yeah. I'm sure Bill/Hillary made it clear in no uncertain terms that they would drag everyone down with them... probably a lot of Republicans (my guess, the same ones trying to undermine Trump at every corner.... coincidence, I think not).
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:

Hmm

Did you miss the join date? He's been a member since April 2015.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Hmm

He needs to find a meme to confirm......

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yeah. I'm sure Bill/Hillary made it clear in no uncertain terms that they would drag everyone down with them... probably a lot of Republicans (my guess, the same ones trying to undermine Trump at every corner.... coincidence, I think not).

Yep, swatting the hornet is going to also hit the nest. I hope it does come to this as all those people need to go too. Drain the swamp!
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yep, swatting the hornet is going to also hit the nest. I hope it does come to this as all those people need to go too. Drain the swamp!
Yup! I hope they catch 0blahblah in whatever they're doing now.....and all the crooks. Pubs and Dems. Drain the swamp!

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Hmm

I see it there. I'm sure someone will be able to pull out an archive or screencaps of his old tweets, right?

Oh, here's the tweet from your hero Julian Assange tipping off all the Trumpbots to this scandalous act.

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/792064293625790464

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Holy SHIrT this is getting EPIC!
New Emails in Clinton Case Came From Anthony Weiner’s Electronic Devices
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/us/po ... -news&_r=1

Carlos Danger and his wiener bring down the Clintons and Bubbas penchant for showing his!

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:Holy SHIrT this is getting EPIC!

Carlos Danger and his wiener bring down the Clintons and Bubbas penchant for showing his!

LOL, damn.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:Holy SHIrT this is getting EPIC!

LOL, damn.
He's going to end up dead in a Weenie Hut Jr somewhere.......
Attachments
IMG_2001.JPG
IMG_2001.JPG (55.57 KiB) Viewed 2536 times