We took America back and the Hokies beat the Irish.

Football (of the American variety), Roundball, Parrises Squares, Fizzbin, Quidditch, and Calvinball. Sponsored by ESPN8 - the Ocho. If it's almost a sport, we've got it here.
Attila T Hun

We took America back and the Hokies beat the Irish.

Post by Attila T Hun »

Everything is OK.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: We took America back and the Hokies beat the Irish.

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

What a game....it was 28 with the wind chill....I took two of my kids. They loved it.Image

One of Russian Hokies photos from FB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
fatman

Post by fatman »

Good for you Bay Area. ND is the #1 spot on my football bucket list. I always wanted to take my father there for a game, but never made it happen. I hope to take my boy someday.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Didn't go but watched on TV...a game of two ½'s and the TD for the Hokies near the end of the 1st ½ was hugesous :!:

My favorite part of the game:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Attila T Hun wrote:Everything is OK.
I'm very much looking forward to oak's report. Hopefully he attended mass this morning and discussed politics with the priest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

My only concern is, this seems like the year where everything you thought couldn't happen did happen. Such as:

1) Brexit
2) Cubs winning World series
3) Trump winning the GOP nomination & Presidency.

Could this be the year where the next unthinkable thing happens - the hoos beat the Hokies?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

It was a great time with the exception of the weather. And was I the only one surprised at how antiquated the ND stadium is? How can a school being bankrolled by NBC (and presumably with a lot of rich alumni) not have a jumbrotron? The sound system is also terrible and there aren't nearly enough bathrooms. Traffic was atrocious getting in and out of there too. Still, the stadium staff was exceptionally polite and helpful. Great win for the Hokies.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
My only concern is, this seems like the year where everything you thought couldn't happen did happen. Such as:

1) Brexit
2) Cubs winning World series
3) Trump winning the GOP nomination & Presidency.

Could this be the year where the next unthinkable thing happens - the hoos beat the Hokies?
Yes, but the theme is cucks losing...and nothing says cuck like UVA fans.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HooFighter wrote:It was a great time with the exception of the weather. And was I the only one surprised at how antiquated the ND stadium is? How can a school being bankrolled by NBC (and presumably with a lot of rich alumni) not have a jumbrotron? The sound system is also terrible and there aren't nearly enough bathrooms. Traffic was atrocious getting in and out of there too. Still, the stadium staff was exceptionally polite and helpful. Great win for the Hokies.
That's what I've heard from several people.

I feel bummed...back many years ago we were in Elkhart, IN and I had a chance to go to a Purdue @ ND game (before the stadium was expanded) and didn't go.

Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:It was a great time with the exception of the weather. And was I the only one surprised at how antiquated the ND stadium is? How can a school being bankrolled by NBC (and presumably with a lot of rich alumni) not have a jumbrotron? The sound system is also terrible and there aren't nearly enough bathrooms. Traffic was atrocious getting in and out of there too. Still, the stadium staff was exceptionally polite and helpful. Great win for the Hokies.
Huge lines to the bathrooms on the upper deck. Went down to the 1st level and the bathrooms were empty except for the students hanging out in there texting to keep warm.

Very underimpressed with the stadium. I told my ND buddy that the reason they don't have a jumbotron is to make sure the fans don't get to see the homer calls are BS. If they had to face the reality that they need help to be mediocre it would hurt their precious little feelings. Worst of all was when they were playing music over the PA like the band was playing it, but the band was playing a different song.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Probably has everything to do with tradition and everyone experiencing the game as they have in the past. While that is nice, it seems you would want to update some things.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Probably has everything to do with tradition and everyone experiencing the game as they have in the past. While that is nice, it seems you would want to update some things.
I think it's nice that they have a road uniform and a home uniform, and you can always tell what their school colors are.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
jumbotron is going up next season. Big building has been built in their south end zone and the video will be mounted to it.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
Bay_area_Hokie
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Yeah the stadium was a throwback. The benches were hilarious. They looked like boards that came of the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria.

We got to the stadium about 45 minutes before the game started, so we went into the art gallery next to the stadium. Holy crap. They had a large room full of 17th century italian/christian-themed oil paintings. It was like a room out of the Vatican. I couldn't believe it.

We will have to do our best to be nice to their fans when they visit. They were all very nice. They had campus tour type volunteers who would come up to me and my boys all over campus, asking if we needed anything.

The campus was nice. It had a lot of buildings in the same architecture style as Eggleston, Vawter, etc. I guess you call that "gothic"? I am not sure really.

O'Hare was full of Hokies on Sunday. We flew to NYC which is where we are this week for Thanksgiving with some relatives.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
I think it's nice that they have a road uniform and a home uniform, and you can always tell what their school colors are.

I dig ND's old school uniforms.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

HokieJoe wrote:I dig ND's old school uniforms.
I hate those ugly green alternate uniforms they wear at times and that shamrock helmet is yuck.

HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:I dig ND's old school uniforms.
I hate those ugly green alternate uniforms they wear at times and that shamrock helmet is yuck.

Yeah, I prefer the blue and gold unis.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson