Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Michael Flynn

Post by ElbertoHokie »

The story keeps changing.

You can blame the fake news but the Trump administrations rhetoric about it has also backtracked significantly from their repeated denials he ever discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office.
HokieFanDC

Re: Michael Flynn

Post by HokieFanDC »

ElbertoHokie wrote:The story keeps changing.

You can blame the fake news but the Trump administrations rhetoric about it has also backtracked significantly from their repeated denials he ever discussed sanctions with the Russian ambassador before Trump took office.
Seems like Flynn lied to them about the discussions. Regardless of that, dude should go. He should just remove himself. The fact that he actually had those discussions, knowing he would be under surveillance b/c of who he was talking to, is ridiculous.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Is he related to Garcia Flynn?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

This story is 100% media-induced outrage, fueled by asking the same question over and over trying to "catch a lie."

The media and democrats don't give two shirts about lying. They stood right by ole' Willy as he lied indisputably under oath.

Flynn's comments were benign, and the accusation I've heard is strenuous as best. This is the DNC and media (but, I repeat myself) trying to subvert the office of the President.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:This story is 100% media-induced outrage, fueled by asking the same question over and over trying to "catch a lie."

The media and democrats don't give two shirts about lying. They stood right by ole' Willy as he lied indisputably under oath.

Flynn's comments were benign, and the accusation I've heard is strenuous as best. This is the DNC and media (but, I repeat myself) trying to subvert the office of the President.
Fox News is running it as a headline. When it hits Fox News, it's no longer just fake news sites. Time to lift that head out of the sand.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This story is 100% media-induced outrage, fueled by asking the same question over and over trying to "catch a lie."

Fox News is running it as a headline. When it hits Fox News, it's no longer just fake news sites. Time to lift that head out of the sand.
Don't worry, Flynn apologized to Pence, so Pence feels better now, all is OK. Apologies are powerful.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

I don't watch Fox news. Nice ad hominem, though. Whose head is in the sand?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Don't worry, Flynn apologized to Pence, so Pence feels better now, all is OK. Apologies are powerful.
Condolences on your media hit job not working as planned. If Trump had only listened to DC he might have possibly won the Primary!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

Condolences on your media hit job not working as planned. If Trump had only listened to DC he might have possibly won the Primary!
Is this supposed to have some meaning in the real world?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

WADR - Your shtick is advising Republicans on how they can remain honorable losers. People are sick of this BS where politicians are shamed into prostrating themselves in apology or resigning every time someone's panties get a little twisted.

This story is BS that nobody outside the beltway cares about. Liberals are feigning outrage, but everyone knows they don't care. Perpetual losers/useful idiots like McCain and sidekick Grahamnesty are genuinely pissed I'm sure; they'll get a hearty pat on the back at the Senate gym from their Democrat comrades. They're in it for nobody but themselves, so remaining honorable and getting reelected is all that matters.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

WADR - Your shtick is advising Republicans on how they can remain honorable losers. People are sick of this BS where politicians are shamed into prostrating themselves in apology or resigning every time someone's panties get a little twisted.

This story is BS that nobody outside the beltway cares about. Liberals are feigning outrage, but everyone knows they don't care. Perpetual losers/useful idiots like McCain and sidekick Grahamnesty are genuinely pissed I'm sure; they'll get a hearty pat on the back at the Senate gym from their Democrat comrades. They're in it for nobody but themselves, so remaining honorable and getting reelected is all that matters.
He lied to the VP about the conversation he had with the Russian ambassador. Pence was concerned about it. Trump's DOJ is concerned about it. You're in the minority when it comes to not caring, and it's not just liberals, McCain, and Graham.
Heck, Mattie doesn't like him either. I'll take Mattis's opinion as a solid one, but you can choose otherwise.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Out like Flynn
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Homebrew wrote:Out like Flynn
He must not have heard that USNHokie thought it was no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Well, that didn't take long.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

If he lied to the VP and put him un a bad position he had to go
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Must have been nothing after all. You're totally right, USN.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Well, if it had been a Dem.....he would still be keepin' on at his position, the Preezy would be blaming a vast right wing conspiracy and the media would back burner the story. At least Flynn did the right thing,
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Must have been nothing after all. You're totally right, USN.
All my comments still stand.

Congratulations, you got your scalp. He chose to resign.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

When it hits the Fox News headline you know republican insiders are telling them that the story has legs.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Just got off the phone with Flynn. He apologized and said thanks for the counseling.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

When it hits the Fox News headline you know republican insiders are telling them that the story has legs.
You have an unhealthy fascination with Fox News.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Which Obama holdovers are leaking? Someone is sabotaging Trump from the inside via classified leaks.

This story is a big nothing that became something over not telling the truth. It's hilarious that integrity all of a sudden matters to the left, which of course it doesn't as they just ran the biggest liar in US political history for the presidency. It's always mattered to Trump, thusly him acting on dishonesty to the VP.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Which Obama holdovers are leaking? Someone is sabotaging Trump from the inside via classified leaks.

This story is a big nothing that became something over not telling the truth. It's hilarious that integrity all of a sudden matters to the left, which of course it doesn't as they just ran the biggest liar in US political history for the presidency. It's always mattered to Trump, thusly him acting on dishonesty to the VP.
Obama's fault. LOL.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Which Obama holdovers are leaking? Someone is sabotaging Trump from the inside via classified leaks.

Obama's fault. LOL.

I didn't say that, I said holdover. How else do you think a private conversation was released? Maybe it was Obama taking it before he left as he was still in power when the conversation happened. But the same reason the conversation shouldn't have happened also applies to why the leak shouldn't have happened.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

To show how much of a non-story it was, he decided to resign.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead