Obamacare repeal/replace bill posted (link)

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Obamacare repeal/replace bill posted (link)

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Obamacare repeal/replace bill posted (link)

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I'm looking forward to controlled health care costs. Can't wait until it is implemented.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I'm looking forward to controlled health care costs. Can't wait until it is implemented.
Well this bill is only 123 pages. That's already an improvement...this stuff is a lot easier when it's not written by lobbyists.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Well, I'm less than impressed so far. It's impossible to read unless you've got the original 2000pg bill and a ruler next to you. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but this appears to be polishing the turd IMO.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Well, I'm less than impressed so far. It's impossible to read unless you've got the original 2000pg bill and a ruler next to you. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but this appears to be polishing the turd IMO.
After Trump gets on it, it will be a beautiful plan. I think he will fix the bugs.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Well, I'm less than impressed so far. It's impossible to read unless you've got the original 2000pg bill and a ruler next to you. I'll be happy to be proven wrong, but this appears to be polishing the turd IMO.
After Trump gets on it, it will be a beautiful plan. I think he will fix the bugs.
It would be hard to do worse.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
It would be hard to do worse.
Biggest problem for republicans I see 4 senators have written trump and said they won't support bill if Medicaid expansion is dropped. Assuming no democrats defect, that torpedos the bill unless they stick to leaving Medicaid expansion. From what I saw the bill leaves it in place until 2020.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

If Paul Ryan has anything to do with it, yep, it's a steamy turd.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieJoe wrote:

What do you expect though? Honestly what were you anticipating would come out of the house?
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

What do you expect though? Honestly what were you anticipating would come out of the house?

What do I expect? Repeal and replacement with a bill that actually changes the health care landscape. Not the warmed over shiite we've had since the Dems passed Dumbocare.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

What do I expect? Repeal and replacement with a bill that actually changes the health care landscape. Not the warmed over shiite we've had since the Dems passed Dumbocare.
It's not beautiful?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

The only solution is single payer :!:

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

The politicians ONLY want to get reelected. The left, right, doesnt matter. Any republican with a large elderly constituency will kick and scream over any Medicaid shrinking and that's just one point. No one wants to have their handout taken away. Boehner the political operative is right. A substantial repeal and replace will never happen.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:The only solution is single payer :!:

:lol:
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

The politicians ONLY want to get reelected. The left, right, doesnt matter. Any republican with a large elderly constituency will kick and scream over any Medicaid shrinking and that's just one point. No one wants to have their handout taken away. Boehner the political operative is right. A substantial repeal and replace will never happen.

Medicaid shrank for elders to help fund Odumbocare. As for Boehner, well, that's not surprising coming from a chain smoking bar bimbo.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Medicaid shrank for elders to help fund Odumbocare. As for Boehner, well, that's not surprising coming from a chain smoking bar bimbo.

CORRECTION: Medicare
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

I love the folks screaming for obamacare to continue, costs are still rising rapidly, more paperwork, more regulation and most insurers are pulling out of the exchanges so people are back to gettiing individual insurance just like they used to.... never mind all the fraud.

but it is great. Whatever the repubs put forth is not going to be worse but ACA, Obamacare whatever you call it is not working at all and with the insurers pulling out of the exchanges people are still having issues getting coverage and we still have people that show up at a hospital with zero insurance and get full services

what has obamacare done beside raise the costs?
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

cwtcr hokie wrote:what has obamacare done beside raise the costs?
It has allowed a lot of people who couldn't previously afford it to purchase health insurance. I know this doesn't matter to you though.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
It has allowed a lot of people who couldn't previously afford it to purchase health insurance. I know this doesn't matter to you though.
Actually you could go purchase it before same as you can now, the subsidies are what the taxpayers were paying before in our health rates so now we have continually rising rates and our tax dollars going to the cost also. Have you noticed all the insurance companies that are quickly exiting the exchanges....so where are all these folks going to get insurance from?

or you can go to a job that has health insurance as part of your pay even if the employee has to pay a share of it
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Actually you could go purchase it before same as you can now, the subsidies are what the taxpayers were paying before in our health rates so now we have continually rising rates and our tax dollars going to the cost also. Have you noticed all the insurance companies that are quickly exiting the exchanges....so where are all these folks going to get insurance from?

or you can go to a job that has health insurance as part of your pay even if the employee has to pay a share of it
Obamacare is over. Trumpcare may lower our premiums. I'm looking forward to all the additional cash money.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Obamacare is over. Trumpcare may lower our premiums. I'm looking forward to all the additional cash money.
It's going to be the yugest, bestest insurance ever.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Better, cheaper, universal.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

the only way to lower costs is not try to save everyone or for people to get much healthier, neither is going to occur but sorry Obamacare is not the answer and the added costs in it is only making it worse. So yes it needs to be worked on to attempt to at least drive some costs it put into our healthcare out of it.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

or from your guy, You will not lose your coverage.... or... you can keep your plan.... or each family will get $2,500 back ....remember those?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Obamacare is over. Trumpcare may lower our premiums. I'm looking forward to all the additional cash money.[/quote]

It's going to be the yugest, bestest insurance ever.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

or from your guy, You will not lose your coverage.... or... you can keep your plan.... or each family will get $2,500 back ....remember those?[/quote]

I'm ready for Trumpcare. Enough with the old. Ready to embrace the new plan.