Fish photos for you AG

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Fish photos for you AG

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Took the family to Ixtapa for the kid's spring break. Thought you might enjoy these. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Fish photos for you AG

Post by awesome guy »

Cool looking bait, what ya catch on it? :)
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Cool looking bait, what ya catch on it? :)
I guess they are on the small side. These photos are from Zihuatanejo which I think was an old fishing village once upon a time. Every 10 feet I walked, I was asked if I wanted to go fishing. It is a nice looking town, kinda like a third world Tiburon really.

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Cool looking bait, what ya catch on it? :)
I guess they are on the small side. These photos are from Zihuatanejo which I think was an old fishing village once upon a time. Every 10 feet I walked, I was asked if I wanted to go fishing. It is a nice looking town, kinda like a third world Tiburon really.

I'm just messing with you, I appreciate the call out and you sharing the pictures.

They look like some kind of snapper, but I don't know that fishery. I enjoy seeing what the local subsistence guys are doing as I often learn new techniques that I apply to my fishing, like using planer boards as the salmon guys do on my kayak to cover more water trolling for reds and striper. Tangent rant, but too many times fisherman here on the east coast get caught into the thinking of the only way to catch a fish is how their granddad taught them how to catch a fish. Those techniques do work, but there's also a giant universe of other techniques out there and the true master can adapt them to where they're currently fishing. Visiting places like that and learning how and why they do certain things is knowledge worth obtaining. That kind of thinking has helped make into a guy that catches pretty good stuff across a number of species and fisheries on a consistent enough basis. I can be more consistent in landing monsters, but I've also owned a couple titles for largest fish in some areas. And for the guys that just want to keep traditions alive or have a good time with the family, that's cool too, but they should also have an appreciation for the other options out there.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

While we're on the subject, one of my uncles caught a 4lb rainbow trout in PA on the first day of trout season.

It was a great fish. I rarely fish for freshwater trout because it seems such a drag at the start of the season with so many fisherman rushing to the stocked streams like they are settling the west..

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:While we're on the subject, one of my uncles caught a 4lb rainbow trout in PA on the first day of trout season.

It was a great fish. I rarely fish for freshwater trout because it seems such a drag at the start of the season with so many fisherman rushing to the stocked streams like they are settling the west..

Nice! Big trout are on my to-do list someday. Here's a 53lb. striper I got a couple weeks ago. Got a 58 lb blue cat the other day too. Spring fishing is finally here! That net is 36 inches for comparison.

Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Nice. Were you fishing the CBBT?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:Nice. Were you fishing the CBBT?
Richmond