I looking forward to Alien: Covenant

Alternatively called "The Lounge"
awesome guy
Party: After 10

I looking forward to Alien: Covenant

Post by awesome guy »

though Riggly Scott too often leaves the best movie in the director's cut and plot holes in the official release. Like with Prometheus and the below changed scene of Fifield morphing into a Xenomorph. How badass is that? The next deleted scene shows the Engineer destroying Weyland after he brags of building David in his own image and being an immortal God. There's also poetic justice the Engineer using Weyland's on creation to kill him. That made a much better film that what we got and made the Engineers more than just mysterious people that want to kill you for no reason.

Anyway, it sounds like Scott has the overarching story as being something like Ancient Aliens, with some alien race creating Engineers who create humans who create an android that end up creating their own nightmare of the Aliens. I've read rumors that they claim Jesus was an Engineer sent to earth to teach peace to humans and the Engineers became enraged after we killed him. Who knows, sounds like a great film and hope I don't have to wait for the director's cut to get the movie I wanted all along.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Re: I looking forward to Alien: Covenant

Post by awesome guy »

it was good, but still just a good horror movie. There are some cool dialogs about creation in the opening scene, but the rest is one the cutting room floor and so we'll have to wait for a director's cut to get more of the good stuff.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

As long as I can check my brain at the door for a couple of hours I'm good. :D

I really want to see it, even if I go by myself.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:As long as I can check my brain at the door for a couple of hours I'm good. :D

I really want to see it, even if I go by myself.
It's worth it