Trump quotes London mayor verbatim. Politifake: "False"

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Trump quotes London mayor verbatim. Politifake: "False"

Post by USN_Hokie »

These a-holes are insufferable. This is straight up propaganda at this point. It's laughable.
When Khan said there was "no reason to be alarmed," he was talking about the increased police presence around the city that residents and tourists would notice.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -mayors-r/
HokieFanDC

Re: Trump quotes London mayor verbatim. Politifake: "False"

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:These a-holes are insufferable. This is straight up propaganda at this point. It's laughable.
When Khan said there was "no reason to be alarmed," he was talking about the increased police presence around the city that residents and tourists would notice.

TDB to the rescue!!!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:These a-holes are insufferable. This is straight up propaganda at this point. It's laughable.

TDB to the rescue!!!
Funny thing...when I read their silly spin the first thing I thought was "does DC write for Politifake?"
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

TDB to the rescue!!!
Funny thing...when I read their silly spin the first thing I thought was "does DC write for Politifake?"
That's sad on several levels.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

TDB to the rescue!!!
That's sad on several levels.
I agree, you should feel bad.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNN!
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Good thing Trump has his trustworthy soldiers, Cap'n.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Re: Trump quotes London mayor verbatim. Politifake:

Post by USN_Hokie »

[quote="ip_law-hokie"][/quote]

As someone who works in law (kind of.... ;)) you should be interested in pursuing the truth and scotching blatant misinformation from the media like we see here. They are supposed to shine a light on the truth. Instead, they spread misinformation and lies.

Why do you and DC condone this?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
As someone who works in law (kind of.... ;)) you should be interested in pursuing the truth and scotching blatant misinformation from the media like we see here. They are supposed to shine a light on the truth. Instead, they spread misinformation and lies.

It's truthiness!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The politifact article doesn't deny that the London mayor said "no reason to be alarmed". It says trump used the quote out of context.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The politifact article doesn't deny that the London mayor said "no reason to be alarmed". It says trump used the quote out of context.
Please tell me what was "False" about Trump's tweet.

I have more questions after that.

TIA MSM/SDB.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Tell me what is "False" about Trump's tweet. TIA.

Once you do that, we can move on to how retarded their context argument is.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The context of Trumps use of the quote and the context of the original quote have different meanings and IMO makes Trumps use of Kahn's quote deceptive. Certainly you can see that.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

DC is disappointing me in this thread. I expect HvilleHokie to be a ball washer for the leftists no matter what, but the media is indefensible here. There is no reasonable argument to take their side.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

The context of Trumps use of the quote and the context of the original quote have different meanings and IMO makes Trumps use of Kahn's quote deceptive. Certainly you can see that.
If the police were there in a parade or doing an exercise I would buy that. They weren't, though. They were there because of the terrorist attack and future threat of attack.

The only context where their argument makes even remote sense is that a terrorist attack just occurred and the Mayor is worried that people scared of being attacked by police. That interpretation is far more troubling than Trump's.

IE, the media twisted/chose a worse/more damning context in order to call Trump a liar.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

If the police were there in a parade or doing an exercise I would buy that. They weren't, though. They were there because of the terrorist attack and future threat of attack.

The only context where their argument makes even remote sense is that a terrorist attack just occurred and the Mayor is worried that people scared of being attacked by police. That interpretation is far more troubling than Trump's.

IE, the media twisted/chose a worse/more damning context in order to call Trump a liar.
So you see an increased police presence. Does the increase in police make you afraid that another terrorist attack will occur, or does the increase in police make you afraid of a looming "police state". The mere presence of police buildup does create fear in many ways in many different people.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote: So you see an increased police presence. Does the increase in police make you afraid that another terrorist attack will occur, or does the increase in police make you afraid of a looming "police state". The mere presence of police buildup does create fear in many ways in many different people.
Huh? Terrorist attack was the context Trump used. Kahn said it to alleviate concerns that people were under threat of terrorist attack.

Trump's tweet was right and the media look like the petty little shirts they are for this.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: So you see an increased police presence. Does the increase in police make you afraid that another terrorist attack will occur, or does the increase in police make you afraid of a looming "police state". The mere presence of police buildup does create fear in many ways in many different people.
Huh? Terrorist attack was the context Trump used. Kahn said it to alleviate concerns that people were under threat of terrorist attack.

Trump's tweet was right and the media look like the petty little shirts they are for this.
Let me put it another way for you -- Trump uses the quote to infer that the police presence means another attack is imminent and that people should be afraid; Kahn uses it to say just because the police are there doesn't mean another attack is imminent and that people shouldn't necessarily be afraid.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Let me put it another way for you -- Trump uses the quote to infer that the police presence means another attack is imminent and that people should be afraid; Kahn uses it to say just because the police are there doesn't mean another attack is imminent and that people shouldn't necessarily be afraid.
Nope, Trump used it to show thar the mayor doesn't get it and Trump is correct.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote: Let me put it another way for you -- Trump uses the quote to infer that the police presence means another attack is imminent and that people should be afraid; Kahn uses it to say just because the police are there doesn't mean another attack is imminent and that people shouldn't necessarily be afraid.
Why do you think police were mobilized throughout the city?

I'm pretty sure they did it in case another attack was possible.

You think he mobilized police through the city for fun?

This is where their argument is just ridiculous. I can't believe there are people here defending it.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Let me put it another way for you -- Trump uses the quote to infer that the police presence means another attack is imminent and that people should be afraid; Kahn uses it to say just because the police are there doesn't mean another attack is imminent and that people shouldn't necessarily be afraid.

This is where their argument is just ridiculous. I can't believe there are people here defending it.
Your narrow mindedness keeps you from seeing other perspectives. Sorry.

I know you want the last word (as in every thread) so post away. I've given you the other perspective. Nothing more to say so I'm done.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I know you want the last word (as in every thread) so post away. I've given you the other perspective. Nothing more to say so I'm done.
That's not an argument.

It's funny that you call me narrow minded while defending the media who called a factual quotation "false" using weasel logic.

I was completely courteous to you, by the way. That's a favor you didn't return.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

[emoji375][emoji375]

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Trump's tweet is deceiving because it said nothing about police at all. Trump's tweet implies that the London mayor has a blasé attitude about the terror attack. And he used a quote that is referring to increased police presence, not telling people not to worry about terror attacks. In the same speech, Khan said that people need to remain vigilant with regard to terror attacks, which is exactly the opposite of the stance Trump says Khan is taking.