House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Shot

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Shot

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: House Majority Whip Steve Scalise Shot

Post by USN_Hokie »

Holy shirt.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Sounds like a political assassination attempt.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06 ... -practice/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:Sounds like a political assassination attempt.
It does.

Reports are tough to verify this early on. One report said right before shooting, a jogger asked if they were Rs or Ds.

Related? I dunno..
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Sounds like a political assassination attempt.
It does.

Reports are tough to verify this early on. One report said right before shooting, a jogger asked if they were Rs or Ds.

Related? I dunno..
Hearing the same thing........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Interesting......

Rep. Jeff Duncan giving statement to police. Guy in jogging clothes and apparently the shooter asked him if they were Dumbs or Pubs.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

It's all ok- Obama just declared the shooting "workplace violence"...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

shot in the hip, luckily he was the only one hit, crazy
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Flake just confirmed only Rs were on the field...
Salute the Marines
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Remember when Giffords was shot & the left sprinted to blame it on "violent rhetoric" from the right, and how Sarah Palin incited the violence by putting targets over congressional districts on a map? Wonder if the pubs will go that low?

WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Remember when Giffords was shot & the left sprinted to blame it on "violent rhetoric" from the right, and how Sarah Palin incited the violence by putting targets over congressional districts on a map? Wonder if the pubs will go that low?
I'll wait and see if the shooter turns out to be mentally ill, but the left has been very violent since the election...
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Remember when Giffords was shot & the left sprinted to blame it on "violent rhetoric" from the right, and how Sarah Palin incited the violence by putting targets over congressional districts on a map? Wonder if the pubs will go that low?
How is that low? They've been pushing this rhetoric since November. I'll leave it at that, until we find out exactly what we're dealing with.

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:mentally ill
Anyone who does something like this is mentally ill.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
How is that low? They've been pushing this rhetoric since November. I'll leave it at that, until we find out exactly what we're dealing with.
the play that shows Trump being assassinated, this crap has been building since thunder thighs lost
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
not a valid blanket statement at all, but he is dead per reports so now sure how anyone will ever know
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Let me clarify. Saying that Giffords was shot because of targets drawn on a map was low.

But if this guy was motivated by all of the violent imagery coming from the left (the play showing Trump getting assassinated in NYC, the Griffin beheading stunt, etc.) then that's quite a bit different than anything Palin did.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
not a valid blanket statement at all, but he is dead per reports so now sure how anyone will ever know
They can go take a look at his social media postings or see if he kept a journal to see if this was planned and if he was targeting anyone in particular. If it was premeditated and targeted a Republicans, that may not be mental illness. If it was just some guy shooting random people, then yeah I'll buy the mentally ill argument.
Last edited by UpstateSCHokie on Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
I'll wait and see if the shooter turns out to be mentally ill, but the left has been very violent since the election...
All of the democrats are mentally ill. We have members here who thought(still do?) Trump paid Russian hookers to urinate on a hotel mattress that Obama once slept on.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
Anyone who espouses some of the nonsense I've seen the last 6 months is mentally ill...
Salute the Marines
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

HooFighter wrote:
Just like the guy in Charleston, but the left leaning posters on this board (nolan, Visor, ip, and probably you) all used it as a lever to want to ban the Confederate flag.

It would be great if you were consistent...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The more I read on this, this shooter didn't have much training. He could have shot a LOT of people if he didn't spray bullets first and had instead targeted the two cops first.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:The more I read on this, this shooter didn't have much training. He could have shot a LOT of people if he didn't spray bullets first and had instead targeted the two cops first.
Yeah. He fired sixty plus rounds and supposedly multiple reloads. Thank God he wasn't well trained. It could have been a blood bath.