93 million Americans die every day due to gun violence!

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

93 million Americans die every day due to gun violence!

Post by BigDave »

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/14/v ... e-shooting
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) called for more gun control immediately following the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) at a congressional baseball practice this morning in Alexandria, Va.

McAuliffe then stated that "we lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence" before correcting the figure to 93 when a reporter pointed out the misstatement.

"This is a very serious issue," he said, recalling the recent "senseless" murder of a Virginia state trooper.

McAuliffe said "there are too many guns on the street" but then said the issue shouldn't be raised today.

A reported then remarked, "If it's not the day for it, why are you bringing it up?"

The governor said he talks about the need for more background checks on gun purchases and for closing the gun show loophole all the time.
I love the accidental journalism from a reporter: "If it's not the day for it, why are you bringing it up?"
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Re: 93 million Americans die every day due to gun violence!

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/06/14/v ... e-shooting
Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe (D) called for more gun control immediately following the shooting of House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) at a congressional baseball practice this morning in Alexandria, Va.

McAuliffe then stated that "we lose 93 million Americans a day to gun violence" before correcting the figure to 93 when a reporter pointed out the misstatement.

"This is a very serious issue," he said, recalling the recent "senseless" murder of a Virginia state trooper.

McAuliffe said "there are too many guns on the street" but then said the issue shouldn't be raised today.

A reported then remarked, "If it's not the day for it, why are you bringing it up?"

The governor said he talks about the need for more background checks on gun purchases and for closing the gun show loophole all the time.
I love the accidental journalism from a reporter: "If it's not the day for it, why are you bringing it up?"
Yes, it's not the day to discuss it, now that I've made my statement (in other words I refuse to be questioned on my statement). I am so glad I left that state before he got elected. I grew up proud to be born and raised in VA, now I'm happy to say I left.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

dear moron gubner, it was a gun that saved many lives today. I agree gubner, criminals suck, eliminate the criminal and the problem goes away, AR trooper killed the other day by a criminal on a call out and two GA officials killed when the prisoners they were transporting took them out. Get rid of the criminals permanently, no danger to anyone
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:

Yes, it's not the day to discuss it, now that I've made my statement (in other words I refuse to be questioned on my statement). I am so glad I left that state before he got elected. I grew up proud to be born and raised in VA, now I'm happy to say I left.
McAuliffe has been horrible for Virginia, but fortunately the state constitution prevented him from doing too much damage. Northam is cut from the same cloth. He had a campaign commercial using the VT shooting to tout gun control.

I hope the Stewart supporters will get behind Gillespie.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:

McAuliffe has been horrible for Virginia, but fortunately the state constitution prevented him from doing too much damage. Northam is cut from the same cloth. He had a campaign commercial using the VT shooting to tout gun control.

I hope the Stewart supporters will get behind Gillespie.

It's going to be fun watching the NeverTrumpers like BigDave argue that we should give up our perspective and join behind their guy.

#NeverGillespie
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

So what's everybody else doing in the last three days that we have to live?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Not one reporter had the gumption to say "Um Gubner are those 93 million people stats from all 57 States :?: "
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:So what's everybody else doing in the last three days that we have to live?

panic, the time is now!
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Not one reporter had the gumption to say "Um Gubner are those 93 million people stats from all 57 States :?: "
Actually a reporter corrected him to 93 per day. But then he said that isn't why they are here, to talk about it; so the reporter asked why he brought it up in the first place. Oops
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

133743Hokie wrote:Actually a reporter corrected him to 93 per day. But then he said that isn't why they are here, to talk about it; so the reporter asked why he brought it up in the first place. Oops
At the end of the interview the reporter corrected him and he's still pushing that idiotic gun show loophole canard. :x
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:It's going to be fun watching the NeverTrumpers like BigDave argue that we should give up our perspective and join behind their guy.

#NeverGillespie
Yeah, because just like Trump, Gillespie has made incendiary comments for the lulz, has bragged about violence against women, has mocked a disabled reporter, has spent the last four years trolling the country, and was a democrat before he was a reform party member before he was a democrat before he was a Republican and will latch onto whatever party gives him the time of day and say whatever he needs to say to get elected with no real convictions about anything.

They are definitely exactly alike and #NeverGillespie makes total sense.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It's going to be fun watching the NeverTrumpers like BigDave argue that we should give up our perspective and join behind their guy.

#NeverGillespie
Yeah, because just like Trump, Gillespie has made incendiary comments for the lulz, has bragged about violence against women, has mocked a disabled reporter, has spent the last four years trolling the country, and was a democrat before he was a reform party member before he was a democrat before he was a Republican and will latch onto whatever party gives him the time of day and say whatever he needs to say to get elected with no real convictions about anything.

Like your claims against Stewart, a lot of not true in there. But regardless of why, y'all are going to be calling for unity after torching Trump. Good luck with that.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

Trump bragged about violence against women?

If Trump has democrat policy, then I'm going to change my party affiliation today.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

Like your claims against Stewart, a lot of not true in there. But regardless of why, y'all are going to be calling for unity after torching Trump. Good luck with that.
What was untrue about what he typed? Just because you don't like hearing it doesn't make it untrue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

What was untrue about what he typed? Just because you don't like hearing it doesn't make it untrue.

Bragging about violence against women, not sure about Lutz, mocked a disabled reporter(over his disability), and trolled the nation for 4 years. Typical establishment BS, and why I won't support an establishment candidate like Gillespie who's there to line his own pockets and advance his political career instead of delivering on his promises.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:Trump bragged about violence against women?
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

But I'm sure what he really meant was that he visits with their pet cat in order to show them that he's an animal lover.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

Bragging about violence against women, not sure about Lutz, mocked a disabled reporter(over his disability), and trolled the nation for 4 years. Typical establishment BS, and why I won't support an establishment candidate like Gillespie who's there to line his own pockets and advance his political career instead of delivering on his promises.
I guess you could say it would be more accurate to say he bragged about raping women. It's all on tape.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Trump bragged about violence against women?
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

But I'm sure what he really meant was that he visits with their pet cat in order to show them that he's an animal lover.
It's called hyperbole
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

I guess you could say it would be more accurate to say he bragged about raping women. It's all on tape.
If you're retarded you would think that.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

How did this state ever end up with Bill's bag man for China money, as governor?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:How did this state ever end up with Bill's bag man for China money, as governor?
Because UWS reality is not reality.

BigDave

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote:How did this state ever end up with Bill's bag man for China money, as governor?
A combination of things:

1. Bob McDonnell and his wife sticking their hands out to anyone and everyone, rather than going the Clinton route of starting a "foundation" and using that for their crime syndicate
2. No qualified democrats who actually had a connection to Virginia
3. The Clinton machine
4. Sarvis
5. Libertarians getting Cuccinelli nominated instead of Bolling and then not supporting him in the general election
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

#NeverGillespie

actually your statement is totally false, but you know that. He never said anything about raping anyone, he was boasting about his prowess with ladies due to his celebrity, kind of like in high school when your buddy was bragging about all the tang he was getting when in reality his right hand was his only partner. I know I know, you have never spoken crudely with your buddies, you are special
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

cwtcr hokie wrote:actually your statement is totally false, but you know that. He never said anything about raping anyone, he was boasting about his prowess with ladies due to his celebrity, kind of like in high school when your buddy was bragging about all the tang he was getting when in reality his right hand was his only partner. I know I know, you have never spoken crudely with your buddies, you are special
"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

That is assault - "I don't even wait". He doesn't see if they are interested in kissing him. He doesn't introduce himself. He just kisses them. That is not remotely the same thing as the football star getting laid every night by WILLING women.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Because UWS reality is not reality.

Oh, this place has its moments, but taken as a whole is mostly well thought out.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.