93 million Americans die every day due to gun violence!

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: 93 million Americans die every day due to gun violence!

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:actually your statement is totally false, but you know that. He never said anything about raping anyone, he was boasting about his prowess with ladies due to his celebrity, kind of like in high school when your buddy was bragging about all the tang he was getting when in reality his right hand was his only partner. I know I know, you have never spoken crudely with your buddies, you are special
"I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait."

That is assault - "I don't even wait". He doesn't see if they are interested in kissing him. He doesn't introduce himself. He just kisses them. That is not remotely the same thing as the football star getting laid every night by WILLING women.
Good luck with presenting Trumpers with facts. They are above facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Trump can be creepy for sure. His statement makes it unarguable that he's assaulted women before.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:actually your statement is totally false, but you know that. He never said anything about raping anyone, he was boasting about his prowess with ladies due to his celebrity, kind of like in high school when your buddy was bragging about all the tang he was getting when in reality his right hand was his only partner. I know I know, you have never spoken crudely with your buddies, you are special

That is assault - "I don't even wait". He doesn't see if they are interested in kissing him. He doesn't introduce himself. He just kisses them. That is not remotely the same thing as the football star getting laid every night by WILLING women.
Do you have aspergers or something? He's not making a literal statement.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:How did this state ever end up with Bill's bag man for China money, as governor?
A combination of things:

1. Bob McDonnell and his wife sticking their hands out to anyone and everyone, rather than going the Clinton route of starting a "foundation" and using that for their crime syndicate
2. No qualified democrats who actually had a connection to Virginia
3. The Clinton machine
4. Sarvis
5. Libertarians getting Cuccinelli nominated instead of Bolling and then not supporting him in the general election
Where did you get #6? Myself and all the libertarians I know would have enthusiastically supported Bolling. The Richmond establishment got Cuccinelli nominated.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:How did this state ever end up with Bill's bag man for China money, as governor?
A combination of things:

1. Bob McDonnell and his wife sticking their hands out to anyone and everyone, rather than going the Clinton route of starting a "foundation" and using that for their crime syndicate
2. No qualified democrats who actually had a connection to Virginia
3. The Clinton machine
4. Sarvis
5. Libertarians getting Cuccinelli nominated instead of Bolling and then not supporting him in the general election
Where did you get #6? Myself and all the libertarians I know would have enthusiastically supported Bolling. The Richmond establishment got Cuccinelli nominated.
I assume you mean #5. The libertarian wing of the party got Cuccinelli nominated. But then enough libertarians deserted and voted for fake-libertarian Sarvis and we were left with McAwful. I'm sure you (and nearly all of the people who voted for Cuccinelli) would have voted for Bolling in the general election and I didn't mean to imply anything contrary.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

It sounds literal to me.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Trump bragged about violence against women?
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.

But I'm sure what he really meant was that he visits with their pet cat in order to show them that he's an animal lover.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
McAuliffe has been horrible for Virginia, but fortunately the state constitution prevented him from doing too much damage. Northam is cut from the same cloth. He had a campaign commercial using the VT shooting to tout gun control.

I hope the Stewart supporters will get behind Gillespie.
They might, but it won't really make a difference. Gillespie is toast.

Northern VA has been sliding into the demographic toilet for the past 10-15 years or so and we're finally reaching the tipping point. The types of people moving into Fairfax/Loudoun/PWC simply don't vote Republican, ever, regardless of who the candidates are. And both Fairfax and Loudoun are adding a crap-ton of new high density housing over the next decade (due to the Silver Line) which is only going to accelerate the problem. Pretty soon the area is going to be indistinguishable from Maryland.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

It sounds literal to me.
He's BSing about chicks, it's obviously hyperbole.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

But I'm sure what he really meant was that he visits with their pet cat in order to show them that he's an animal lover.
LOL, literalism next level!
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Lack of resistance is not consent.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

FireFuente wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
McAuliffe has been horrible for Virginia, but fortunately the state constitution prevented him from doing too much damage. Northam is cut from the same cloth. He had a campaign commercial using the VT shooting to tout gun control.

I hope the Stewart supporters will get behind Gillespie.
They might, but it won't really make a difference. Gillespie is toast.

Northern VA has been sliding into the demographic toilet for the past 10-15 years or so and we're finally reaching the tipping point. The types of people moving into Fairfax/Loudoun/PWC simply don't vote Republican, ever, regardless of who the candidates are. And both Fairfax and Loudoun are adding a crap-ton of new high density housing over the next decade (due to the Silver Line) which is only going to accelerate the problem. Pretty soon the area is going to be indistinguishable from Maryland.
I disagree. Cuccinelli, who was an awful candidate, almost won with Sarvis pulling votes away from him. Northam is just another McAuliffe clone with the personality of a moldy sponge. His gun grabbing ad alone will pull away a lot of votes from moderates and independents.

I predict a Gillespie win...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

BigDave wants traditional Republicans like McCain, Romney, or Dole who are ready to graciously get curb stomped by Liberals and then compromise with people like this:
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:

first off, who did he do that to? or was it boasting? Second, if it was an assault why would he not have paid out millions for it by now? I agree Trump talks too much, no crime in that tho
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Good luck with presenting Trumpers with facts. They are above facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what fact, who did he do this to? with his money don't you think he would have paid out lots by now if this was actually true, again, I understand you are a choir boy and never lie about your conquests
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Trump can be creepy for sure. His statement makes it unarguable that he's assaulted women before.
how? who is the victim? and if his statement is proof then the american male population is guilty of assault
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

It sounds literal to me.
if locker room balogney is literal then I guess I should have beleived my buddies in HS and college that they were getting laid every 10 minutes by the entire school
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

It sounds literal to me.
if locker room balogney is literal then I guess I should have beleived my buddies in HS and college that they were getting laid every 10 minutes by the entire school
Yep, girls literally had their eyes 0 feet from my penis, couldn't keep their eye off my junk.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:if locker room balogney is literal then I guess I should have beleived my buddies in HS and college that they were getting laid every 10 minutes by the entire school
Yep, girls literally had their eyes 0 feet from my penis, couldn't keep their eye off my junk.
He is not being literal and doesn't sound literal with the "grab them by the pussy" statement. He's being very, very, crude and unsuited to the office he now holds, but he is not literally saying that he stuck his hand into the woman's skirt and latched on.

He did, however, literally seem to say that he walked up to women he didn't know and kissed them. I don't know why anyone would find that surprising - he sees a beautiful woman and rather than walking up and saying, "Hi, I'm Donald", he walks over and kisses her. I don't see any reason to believe that he wasn't telling the literal truth.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:if locker room balogney is literal then I guess I should have beleived my buddies in HS and college that they were getting laid every 10 minutes by the entire school
He is not being literal and doesn't sound literal with the "grab them by the pussy" statement. He's being very, very, crude and unsuited to the office he now holds, but he is not literally saying that he stuck his hand into the woman's skirt and latched on.

He did, however, literally seem to say that he walked up to women he didn't know and kissed them. I don't know why anyone would find that surprising - he sees a beautiful woman and rather than walking up and saying, "Hi, I'm Donald", he walks over and kisses her. I don't see any reason to believe that he wasn't telling the literal truth.
Everyone has been part of those conversations, doesn't make him unfit for office. He said this in private, you should put on your big boy pants and understand private conversations aren't for public consumption.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

think about what you just typed does that really make sense to you, he randomly walks up and kisses women, common sense tells you that does not happen. As far as being crude, yes in the company of males, males can be crude. I can pretty much guarantee that all men have been crude before. Of course you are attributing a conversation he had with him running for prez over a decade later, should he have known what would happen over 10 years later and adjusted his conversation as such.... sure that makes sense.

I bet ya if you looked at every human on the planet, there are things they said or did during their life before they were a politician that would invalidate anyone from ever being in public office
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Dave - are you saying you've never uttered something in private that you'd be ashamed of if made public? Your position is ridiculous and would basically disqualify any man.

WADR, I think you're making ex post facto justifications for an irrational, emotional hatred of the man.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

think about what you just typed does that really make sense to you, he randomly walks up and kisses women, common sense tells you that does not happen. As far as being crude, yes in the company of males, males can be crude. I can pretty much guarantee that all men have been crude before. Of course you are attributing a conversation he had with him running for prez over a decade later, should he have known what would happen over 10 years later and adjusted his conversation as such.... sure that makes sense.

I bet ya if you looked at every human on the planet, there are things they said or did during their life before they were a politician that would invalidate anyone from ever being in public office
These folks who quote this always conveniently leave out the other part of the conversation where he says he was turned down by the woman...ie she didn't want a physical relationship with him and he respected that. Seems that if these folks listened to the whole tape they would know how silly their argument is.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

BigDave wants traditional Republicans like McCain, Romney, or Dole who are ready to graciously get curb stomped by Liberals and then compromise with people like this:
What does one have to do with the other?
Did trump molest? -sure, most likely...if we are to take his word for it.
Does me (or BigDave) saying so imply that either of us are big McCain supporters?

LOL, Wut!?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

When I 1st heard about the conversation I just shrugged and asked so :?: Image

Even my wife was saying so :!: Image

We never did grok the outrage over 2 guys talking in the back of a limo...we both heard much worse everyday in our jobs, it wasn't in private and in different languages. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.