Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Wish Trump would hurry up deportations

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

IP, ok I will play devil's advocate. You and I weren't at the boat ramp. If in fact the boat ramp is being screwed up by the actions of a group of people, and all of those people have something in common, why is it so racist to mention it?

What if he had said, "I am tired of dealing with these dumb AF tourists at the boat ramp". How about, "I am tired of dealing with the dumb AF motorcycle gangs at the boat ramp"?

Is the fact that he brings up the common thread as being a national origin really that big of a deal, if in fact it is true? Sound like PC hyperventilating.

He didn't say he was denying people access to jobs, housing, etc, based on national origin. He just described a situation. Are we not allowed to discuss observations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:IP, ok I will play devil's advocate. You and I weren't at the boat ramp. If in fact the boat ramp is being screwed up by the actions of a group of people, and all of those people have something in common, why is it so racist to mention it?

What if he had said, "I am tired of dealing with these dumb AF tourists at the boat ramp". How about, "I am tired of dealing with the dumb AF motorcycle gangs at the boat ramp"?

Is the fact that he brings up the common thread as being a national origin really that big of a deal, if in fact it is true? Sound like PC hyperventilating.

He didn't say he was denying people access to jobs, housing, etc, based on national origin. He just described a situation. Are we not allowed to discuss observations?

IP and company won't discuss the facts because it undermines their story of illegals being "just like us!"[minus the following the law part], so they stay in the shallow end by calling the whole conversation racist. They don't have any intelligible thoughts so throw a turd in the bowl and then blame the "necks".
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Since Mexicans are considered Hispanic and over ½ of Hispanics are white then I can only conclude that AG hates white people.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:IP, ok I will play devil's advocate. You and I weren't at the boat ramp. If in fact the boat ramp is being screwed up by the actions of a group of people, and all of those people have something in common, why is it so racist to mention it?

Liberals don't even stop to realize that it may be an accurate (albeit inflammatory - but sometimes inflammatory speech is the most effective speech) description of the situation.

Just as with everything else (poverty creates crime, bad tests create academic under-achievement, racist policing creates black incarceration rates, sexism creates the wage gap, etc.....), liberals (white liberals in particular...) have an insane reverse-correlation mentality based on the silly assumption that all humans are equal when nothing could be further from the truth. So, when AG says he saw a bunch of Mexicans futzing around with their boats, they assume that there was an equal number of whites doing the same and AG either couldn't or wouldn't admit it in order to "fix" the cognitive dissonance the observed world creates for them. Thus, any negative descriptions of a minority become racist.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Liberals don't even stop to realize that it may be an accurate (albeit inflammatory - but sometimes inflammatory speech is the most effective speech) description of the situation.

Just as with everything else (poverty creates crime, bad tests create academic under-achievement, racist policing creates black incarceration rates, sexism creates the wage gap, etc.....), liberals (white liberals in particular...) have an insane reverse-correlation mentality based on the silly assumption that all humans are equal when nothing could be further from the truth. So, when AG says he saw a bunch of Mexicans futzing around with their boats, they assume that there was an equal number of whites doing the same and AG either couldn't or wouldn't admit it in order to "fix" the cognitive dissonance the observed world creates for them. Thus, any negative descriptions of a minority become racist.
Naw, they fully realize the inconvenient truth of the matter. That's why they shift the attack to, dur der dur, "racism". They can't debate it on merits as I said nothing untrue. It's common sense too, a population that comes and stays here illegally obviously has no concern about any of our laws. From taxes, identity, immigration to game and wildlife or even cultural norms, like boating etiquette. The libtards know this, thusly they shift the argument. It's the same tactic they use with any of their groups that they view as pets for the same reason, to cover the truth. They know what they're doing, they're wicket more so than ignorant.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:"When they go low..."

=====================

MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid Attacks Scalise While He’s Fighting For His Life in Critical Condition (VIDEO)
Cristina Laila Jun 17th, 2017 4:41 pm 4 Comments

Congressman Steve Scalise is still in the hospital after multiple surgeries and in critical condition, but that didn’t stop liberal vermin, Joy Ann Reid from attacking him.

MSNBC’s Joy Ann Reid had NAACP board member Rev. William Barber on her show Saturday morning and they both immediately attacked Scalise, who is unable to defend himself being that he’s in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound.

Of course Joy Ann Reid had to inject race into the conversation. The truth is, Scalise was shot by a LEFT-WING Bernie Sanders supporter who was obsessed with Trump-Russia conspiracy theories all peddled by the liars at MSNBC. The truth is Scalise was saved by a heroic AMERICAN police officers and others. But what else should we expect from liberal cretins in the media?
Reid: “There’s a whole country out there and a lot of people, at least in my Twitter timeline, and it’s a delicate thing, because everybody is wishing the congressman well and hoping that he recovers, but Steve Scalise has a history that we’ve all been forced to sort of ignore on race. He did come to leadership after some controversy over attending a white nationalist event, which he says he didn’t know what it was.”

“He also co-sponsored a bill to amend the Constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman. He co-sponsored the House healthcare bill, which as you said would gut healthcare for millions of people including three million children and he cosponsored a bill to repeal the ban on semiautomatic weapons.”
Joy Ann Reid then goes on to ask if it’s ‘moral’ to put aside attacking Scalise since he’s in the hospital…really? This is the left folks:
“Because he is in jeopardy and everybody is pulling for him, are we required in a moral sense to put that aside in the moment?”
The left has ZERO shame. The left has ZERO moral compass as they attack a man who cannot defend himself. Just when you thought the fake news media can’t sink any lower, they take their attacks to the next level.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06 ... ion-video/
Wonder what Nolanflake's "friends" think of this?
Not sure. But I know the rest of the Usuals tacitly approve your racism, that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By that standard, we "tacitly approve" of your bigoted ramblings about "rednecks" or "racists". As if "rednecks" are some monolithic group bounded by geography or skin color.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Naw, they fully realize the inconvenient truth of the matter. That's why they shift the attack to, dur der dur, "racism". They can't debate it on merits as I said nothing untrue. It's common sense too, a population that comes and stays here illegally obviously has no concern about any of our laws. From taxes, identity, immigration to game and wildlife or even cultural norms, like boating etiquette. The libtards know this, thusly they shift the argument. It's the same tactic they use with any of their groups that they view as pets for the same reason, to cover the truth. They know what they're doing, they're wicket more so than ignorant.
That's certainly true for some; maybe I give them too much credit. It would be particularly malicious on their part.

I noticed that IP and nolan have suddenly stopped high-fiving each other for some reason.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

That's certainly true for some; maybe I give them too much credit. It would be particularly malicious on their part.

I noticed that IP and nolan have suddenly stopped high-fiving each other for some reason.
Just watching you justify your brethren's racism, Cap'n. Please proceed to validate the right wing, redneck stereotype.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Just watching you justify your brethren's racism, Cap'n. Please proceed to validate the right wing, redneck stereotype.

I'm just watching you and Nolan peddle bullshit.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Just watching you justify your brethren's racism, Cap'n. Please proceed to validate the right wing, redneck stereotype.

Looks like IP is full of it once again. Time for another colon blow.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Just watching you justify your brethren's racism, Cap'n. Please proceed to validate the right wing, redneck stereotype.

Yup. (((Right wing.....redneck)))
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Facts and truth do not matter to The Unusuals. They can divide people up in all the categories they desire for collecting votes and pandering to and keeping certain ones in poverty......but I'll be damned if THAT isn't racist..........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

IP just can't stop his "racist" rants.....Give it a rest.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Yup. (((Right wing.....redneck)))
I'm still waiting for nolan to denounce him.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

AG headed to the boat ramp........ 8-)
Attachments
IMG_2504.JPG
IMG_2504.JPG (50.07 KiB) Viewed 1498 times

Cpt Jagdish
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

Since it seems like you're being genuine, I'm going to have to chime in. I want to focus on your sentence, "he just described a situation" and why that could not be further from the truth. And you can address these points being devil's advocate if you'd like:

1. "Wish Trump would hurry up deportations" Would this be consider a mild manner descriptor to a situation or a loaded one implying a volatile topic?

2. "dealing with these dumb AF Mexicans" Again, is this just a descriptor or could any person with half a brain infer that there's hostility there towards a group?

3. Lastly, "You'd figure they'd learn a thing or two when they crossed the Rio Grande." I either have to assume that AG polled everyone there to find out that they are in fact illegal and are in fact from Mexico. OR I can assume he's making a tasteless remark about people who happen to have brown skin and wants to paint a broad brush.

And let's just not forget that anyone who has made any casual visits to this board has seen a pattern to only include that the post is oozing in racism.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:AG headed to the boat ramp........ 8-)
Wish I had a scooter that nice!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:

Since it seems like you're being genuine, I'm going to have to chime in. I want to focus on your sentence, "he just described a situation" and why that could not be further from the truth. And you can address these points being devil's advocate if you'd like:

1. "Wish Trump would hurry up deportations" Would this be consider a mild manner descriptor to a situation or a loaded one implying a volatile topic?

2. "dealing with these dumb AF Mexicans" Again, is this just a descriptor or could any person with half a brain infer that there's hostility there towards a group?

3. Lastly, "You'd figure they'd learn a thing or two when they crossed the Rio Grande." I either have to assume that AG polled everyone there to find out that they are in fact illegal and are in fact from Mexico. OR I can assume he's making a tasteless remark about people who happen to have brown skin and wants to paint a broad brush.

And let's just not forget that anyone who has made any casual visits to this board has seen a pattern to only include that the post is oozing in racism.
I polled them all, 100% illegal. What ya got that's fact based and not weaselly to back into your own prejudiced view?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:

I think you're taking things a bit too literally...except for the intelligence part. By any objective measure, Mexico/Latino immigrants lag quite a bit behind behind native born counterparts...and illegal immigrants are more likely to be those who lack the ability to succeed at home (ie, the dumbest of the group). That's not a reason to judge an individual, but statistically, AG's observation would be more likely to occur than a group of dump AF Japanese people.

This reason.com piece lays it out pretty bluntly, though I don't agree with their final conclusions (they don't consider malnutrition as an independent variable and it's effects on IQ - modern immigrants from South America don't really suffer malnutrition).

https://reason.com/archives/2013/05/17/ ... come-ameri

Average Hispanic-American IQ: 89.2

Ethnic group differences in cognitive ability in employment and educational settings

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... eaihKZodVQ
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:

I think you're taking things a bit too literally...except for the intelligence part. By any objective measure, Mexico/Latino immigrants lag quite a bit behind behind native born counterparts...and illegal immigrants are more likely to be those who lack the ability to succeed at home (ie, the dumbest of the group). That's not a reason to judge an individual, but statistically, AG's observation would be more likely to occur than a group of dump AF Japanese people.

This reason.com piece lays it out pretty bluntly, though I don't agree with their final conclusions (they don't consider malnutrition as an independent variable and it's effects on IQ - modern immigrants from South America don't really suffer malnutrition).

I had a simpler metric, a 7 year old figured out this problem instantly. "Why don't they put the boat back on the trailer and work on it in the parking lot instead of blocking everything up?". Yep, that would be smart, none of the 8 adult Mexican individuals on Saturday could figure that out, even after being told it. Dumb AF.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:

I had a simpler metric, a 7 year old figured out this problem instantly. "Why don't they put the boat back on the trailer and work on it in the parking lot instead of blocking everything up?". Yep, that would be smart, none of the 8 adult Mexican individuals on Saturday could figure that out, even after being told it. Dumb AF.

Additionally, I've had this same encounter many times this summer. A group of dopey Mexicans sits tied up on the dock, often even leaving their truck and trailer on the ramp too, trying to get the engine running. I helped one group, they didn't know to put the kill switch key in, something they would have learned getting the captain's license. Since they don't follow our laws, they never got the training and so don't know basic boat operation. The list of stupidity is endless, I now just curse them till they the get the F out of the way as reasoning with them is fruitless. They just don't care so I intimidate them into caring, at least long enough to get out of the way. I moved to this tactic after pleading nicely and waiting 15 minutes for them to move so I could launch my boat. After that went no where, I lit their asses up with profanities. They all of a sudden understood what I was saying then and moved.

The saddest part is the ones with boats seem to actually be the smarter ones. There's another set that just fishes off the bank. They literally sit on dock with their line across the marina and expect you to avoid their lines. For non-boaters, this is like sitting up camp in the parking lot and then having a rope across the driveway entrance at Wal-Mart, expecting cars to not enter or leave the lot. They're not supposed to be fishing there in the first place, again ignoring our laws. But common sense should lead them to moving the lines out of the way when boats are launching and taking out of the ramp. Instead they sit their like logs. I went through the same cycle of politely asking each night, getting nowhere with that, and finally just screaming at them till they moved the lines. Now, I don't say a word, I just have knife out and cut their lines as I come in and out. It's a big hazard. I've had them catch me around my neck landing in my kayak and motorboat, they've snagged rods, wrapped lines around the prop(which can break the seal in the lower unit), etc. One friend was coming in and instead of cutting lines, turned hard to avoid the lines and ended up putting a big hole in his boat as he slammed a piece of concrete. They're a nuisance, like a flock of retarded Canadian geese that isn't smart enough to get out of the road. But the geese are birds and so have an excuse for this level of stupidity.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Listen-if Mexicans were smart then Mexico would not be such a sh!thole.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I doubt AG knows for a fact they were Mexicans, and not Guatemalans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, Puerto Ricans, El Salvadorians, or Ecuadorians.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:I doubt AG knows for a fact they were Mexicans, and not Guatemalans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, Puerto Ricans, El Salvadorians, or Ecuadorians.
Don't care either
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I doubt AG knows for a fact they were Mexicans, and not Guatemalans, Hondurans, Costa Ricans, Puerto Ricans, El Salvadorians, or Ecuadorians.
Don't care either
Exactly. Brown skin all the same.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.