Otto Warmbier Died

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Otto Warmbier Died

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Man. I wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened to him.

========================================

Otto Warmbier has died days after release from North Korea, hospital says
WCPO Staff
4:32 PM, Jun 19, 2017

CINCINNATI -- Otto Warmbier has died, University of Cincinnati Medical Center announced Monday.

Warmbier died at 2:20 p.m. Monday, days after he was released from captivity in North Korea. He was surrounded by family members at the time of his death, hospital officials said.

In a statement released by the hospital, family members said Warmbier had been unable to speak, see or react to verbal commands since his return to Cincinnati June 13.

"He looked very uncomfortable – almost anguished," family members said. "Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed – he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that."

Family members thanked the hospital's staff for the care they provided Warmbier but said " the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today."

"It would be easy at a moment like this to focus on all that we lost – future time that won’t be spent with a warm, engaging, brilliant young man whose curiosity and enthusiasm for life knew no bounds," the family said. "But we choose to focus on the time we were given to be with this remarkable person. You can tell from the outpouring of emotion from the communities that he touched – Wyoming, Ohio and the University of Virginia to name just two – that the love for Otto went well beyond his immediate family."

Earlier, doctors treating Warmbier had said he suffered "severe neurological injury" and that he was in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/ham ... pital-says

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Otto Warmbier Died

Post by awesome guy »

those animals must pay!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

As closed off as NK is I doubt we'll ever know the facts
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

Now I feel bad for making fun of him when he was first captured. :(
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

<Nanzi Pelosi> See how bad our healthcare system is here? He was alive after North Korea's single payer system. </Nanzi Pelosi>
Last edited by PolyTech on Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

PolyTech wrote:<Nanzi Pelosi> See bad our healthcare system is here? He was alive after North Korea's single payer system. </Nanzi Pelosi>

damn, but haha!
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

PolyTech wrote:<Nanzi Pelosi> See bad our healthcare system is here? He was alive after North Korea's single payer system. </Nanzi Pelosi>
We laugh, but I guarantee that's what the Norks are telling their people right now.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Man. I wonder if we'll ever find out what really happened to him.

========================================

Otto Warmbier has died days after release from North Korea, hospital says
WCPO Staff
4:32 PM, Jun 19, 2017

CINCINNATI -- Otto Warmbier has died, University of Cincinnati Medical Center announced Monday.

Warmbier died at 2:20 p.m. Monday, days after he was released from captivity in North Korea. He was surrounded by family members at the time of his death, hospital officials said.

In a statement released by the hospital, family members said Warmbier had been unable to speak, see or react to verbal commands since his return to Cincinnati June 13.

"He looked very uncomfortable – almost anguished," family members said. "Although we would never hear his voice again, within a day the countenance of his face changed – he was at peace. He was home and we believe he could sense that."

Family members thanked the hospital's staff for the care they provided Warmbier but said " the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today."

"It would be easy at a moment like this to focus on all that we lost – future time that won’t be spent with a warm, engaging, brilliant young man whose curiosity and enthusiasm for life knew no bounds," the family said. "But we choose to focus on the time we were given to be with this remarkable person. You can tell from the outpouring of emotion from the communities that he touched – Wyoming, Ohio and the University of Virginia to name just two – that the love for Otto went well beyond his immediate family."

Earlier, doctors treating Warmbier had said he suffered "severe neurological injury" and that he was in a state of "unresponsive wakefulness."

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/ham ... pital-says
unless someone defects that was directly involved in it nobody will ever know, something I read this morning said that if he did have botulism and took a sleeping pill the combination could cause him to stop breathing, thus the oxygen deprivation that caused the brain damage. But the article also said there was zero chance he would ever get his brain back so it is prob a blessing he passed on.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote:those animals must pay!

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
**** you
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
So when do you leave for your tour of NK.....or are you smart enough to figure out there are some places you don't go to?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
**** you
Hoof would rather we had just sent them pallets of cash.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
**** you
Hoof would rather we had just sent them pallets of cash.
He's clamoring for the war he "thought" Trump would create .. to salvage his own credibility. Like he had any to begin with.

Trump is punishing NK economically and forcing them to destroy their nuclear weapons. Hoof doesn't think any of that is a punishment or victory. Getting them to change their heart is the biggest and best victory possible.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
So when do you leave for your tour of NK.....or are you smart enough to figure out there are some places you don't go to?
I'm not sure if they ever did because I didn't see it published, but I wish the parents would at least acknowledge that it's probably not smart for 20 somethings to travel to a place like that. I just can't believe what he was thinking traveling there. I'm not sure if he did take the propaganda poster or not but there are certain parts of the world you don't travel to unless you're a trained professional. That's one of them.

He didn't deserve his fate, but he sure as $%^# should never have been there.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
**** you
??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
I'm not sure if they ever did because I didn't see it published, but I wish the parents would at least acknowledge that it's probably not smart for 20 somethings to travel to a place like that. I just can't believe what he was thinking traveling there. I'm not sure if he did take the propaganda poster or not but there are certain parts of the world you don't travel to unless you're a trained professional. That's one of them.

dumb choices can lead to bad things happening, this occurs every day and sometimes bad choices are lethal. NK is a shirt hole for sure and the leaders and people of power in the country are not good people but we have to deal with them to try and get a change, it is as simple as that
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Parents... 20yo?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

An American doesn't just book a flight into Pyongyang. He knew what he was doing.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

An American doesn't just book a flight into Pyongyang. He knew what he was doing.
He was in a study abroad program at UVA. Wasn't a backpack type of trip and UVA should have had better judgment to not go there.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote:He was in a study abroad program at UVA. Wasn't a backpack type of trip and UVA should have had better judgment to not go there.
UVA did not send him to North Korea. They are bad, but not that bad.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
awesome guy wrote:He was in a study abroad program at UVA. Wasn't a backpack type of trip and UVA should have had better judgment to not go there.
That's right, there's was in China and took a side trip.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
That's right, there's was in China and took a side trip.
Yep. $200 under the table gets you some Chinese paperwork to enter DPRK. That would be funny if UVA had a study abroad program out of North Korea, though.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

This is one of my favorite internet "gotcha's" of all time. Hoof claiming victory by thinking people on here like KJU and think North Korea is paradise because trump met with him. it's awesome logic.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

CFB Apologist wrote:This is one of my favorite internet "gotcha's" of all time. Hoof claiming victory by thinking people on here like KJU and think North Korea is paradise because trump met with him. it's awesome logic.
If the same events of the last 72 hours had transpired and the president's name was Obama you all would be in full head explosion mode (and I probably wouldn't be posting). Don't deny it.

It speaks to the level of tribal bullshit that this board and the country as a whole have sunken to.