Seahawks say they are never coming out for the Anthem again

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Seahawks say they are never coming out for the Anthem again

Post by CFB Apologist »

Or at least until America is "equal"... I wonder what needs to happen for them to participate again? Seriously? What do they want EXACTLY? Disarmed cops? Young black men freed from jail? Equal salaries for everyone?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Seahawks say they are never coming out for the Anthem ag

Post by USN_Hokie »

I guess that means their players are reducing their salaries to whatever the average salary in Seattle is, for starters.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Hopefully, we end this charade soon enough and stop bringing the teams out for the anthem like it used to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:I guess that means their players are reducing their salaries to whatever the average salary in Seattle is, for starters.
I would honestly love to know. What does Michael Bennett want? Not to be chased by police when he runs from them at 2am? Disarm cops like the U.K.? Retry the acquitted cops double jeopardy style? Seriously what do they want? - and don't give me some pie in the sky bullshit - I want him to be specific
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:Hopefully, we end this charade soon enough and stop bringing the teams out for the anthem like it used to be done.

Stop with this bullshit - please save it Nolan - teams have been doing this since the NFL merger - 1960.. don't give me this revisionist history excrement it's tired and lame
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Hopefully, we end this charade soon enough and stop bringing the teams out for the anthem like it used to be done.

Stop with this bullshit - please save it Nolan - teams have been doing this since the NFL merger - 1960.. don't give me this revisionist history excrement it's tired and lame
It was at each individual team's discretion until recent times. That's not fake news.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

It was at each individual team's discretion until recent times. That's not fake news.

Bullshit
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:Bullshit
He's right CFB...up until 2009 it was left up to the individual teams and several teams opted to stay in the locker room until after the anthem.

Then for the '09 season the DoD ponied up $$$ and the NFL made it mandatory.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Bullshit
He's right CFB...up until 2009 it was left up to the individual teams and several teams opted to stay in the locker room until after the anthem.

Then for the '09 season the DoD ponied up $$$ and the NFL made it mandatory.
Apologist should apologize.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Apologist should apologize.

Well I should actually say it was strenuously encouraged instead of mandatory. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

how about this, tell the moron parents to have their kids respect cops, if anybody watches live PD on A&E you see all the crap cops have to deal with it every minute of every day. Now add to that these morons they deal with want to kill them for doing their damn job. The nfl players should be thrilled that DUE TO OTHERS they get to make millions to play an effing game. Keep alienating people you idiots....good luck on your pay
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Leave it to CFB Apologist, only person who could make nolanvt look good on UWS since it's inception.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Keep alienating people you idiots....good luck on your pay
How long do you think the league will last?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

considering the concussion stuff and parents wrapping their kids in bubble wrap, to think the nfl as we know it will be a viable product in 50 years is a big guess at this point. But lets piss off the fans for the stupidity of cops are mean to people. great plan
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

considering the concussion stuff and parents wrapping their kids in bubble wrap, to think the nfl as we know it will be a viable product in 50 years is a big guess at this point. But lets piss off the fans for the stupidity of cops are mean to people. great plan
NFL fans are generally low class and stupid. They aren't going anywhere.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

NFL fans are generally low class and stupid. They aren't going anywhere.[/quote]

trolling well today I see, congrats
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I was always wondering why New York had two teams. Now I know.

According to IP...
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Leave it to CFB Apologist, only person who could make nolanvt look good on UWS since it's inception.
I attended many NFL games prior to 2009- had season tickets for a while. Attended many a game at RFK- last used in 1998... Miraculously- I know- both teams were always out there for the anthem.. wow unicorn sighting - since Nolan and BG googled NFL deal with military and found a meme. I should play the lottery.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Same here. I was a season ticket holder from 1995 to 2015. I can't remember a time when the teams were not present for the National Anthem.

CFB Apologist wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I attended many NFL games prior to 2009- had season tickets for a while. Attended many a game at RFK- last used in 1998... Miraculously- I know- both teams were always out there for the anthem.. wow unicorn sighting - since Nolan and BG googled NFL deal with military and found a meme. I should play the lottery.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote: Stop with this bullshit - please save it Nolan - teams have been doing this since the NFL merger - 1960.. don't give me this revisionist history excrement it's tired and lame

Especially Jets fans
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

Stop with this bullshit - please save it Nolan - teams have been doing this since the NFL merger - 1960.. don't give me this revisionist history excrement it's tired and lame[/quote]

Keep alienating people you idiots....good luck on your pay[/quote]

How long do you think the league will last?[/quote]

considering the concussion stuff and parents wrapping their kids in bubble wrap, to think the nfl as we know it will be a viable product in 50 years is a big guess at this point. But lets piss off the fans for the stupidity of cops are mean to people. great plan[/quote]

NFL fans are generally low class and stupid. They aren't going anywhere.[/quote]Especially Jets fans[/quote]

The fanbase of all the teams is, on the whole, low class. IIWII. I prefer golf over football, and college over pros.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stop with this bullshit - please save it Nolan - teams have been doing this since the NFL merger - 1960.. don't give me this revisionist history excrement it's tired and lame[/quote]

considering the concussion stuff and parents wrapping their kids in bubble wrap, to think the nfl as we know it will be a viable product in 50 years is a big guess at this point. But lets piss off the fans for the stupidity of cops are mean to people. great plan[/quote]

NFL fans are generally low class and stupid. They aren't going anywhere.[/quote]Especially Jets fans[/quote]

The fanbase of all the teams is, on the whole, low class. IIWII. I prefer golf over football, and college over pros.[/quote]Why can't you reply right?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fanbase of all the teams is, on the whole, low class. IIWII. I prefer golf over football, and college over pros.[/quote]Why can't you reply right?[/quote]

I reply awesomely.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
That's why NY has 3 teams. :mrgreen:
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
That's why NY has 3 teams. :mrgreen:
There you go making stuff up again.