Govt bloat

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Govt bloat

Post by RiverguyVT »

Inspired in part by the Tillerson thread...and now in part by the fact that Mueller's folly is corrupt to the core...and also inspired by Major's toll thread...

I say eff em. Eff em all. State dept doesn't need 70,000 employees. Cut that 80%, if not more. Now to the corrupt FBI. Take a scythe to that birch, and get rid of the obstructionists and deep staters. Weed whack the joint. Next, EPA, and any dozen other ridiculous agencies. Layoff city. Buh bye.

Make Fairfax, Manasas, & Alexandria Louisa again. What a cancer.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Govt bloat

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Inspired in part by the Tillerson thread...and now in part by the fact that Mueller's folly is corrupt to the core...and also inspired by Major's toll thread...

I say eff em. Eff em all. State dept doesn't need 70,000 employees. Cut that 80%, if not more. Now to the corrupt FBI. Take a scythe to that birch, and get rid of the obstructionists and deep staters. Weed whack the joint. Next, EPA, and any dozen other ridiculous agencies. Layoff city. Buh bye.

good luck with that, very easy to spend other people's money
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

The FBI is corrupt to the coreImage
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

RiverguyVT wrote:Inspired in part by the Tillerson thread...and now in part by the fact that Mueller's folly is corrupt to the core...and also inspired by Major's toll thread...

Hell yeah.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Good idea.

Here are some areas that can be cut.

Office and Personnel Management. Honestly, don't know everything they do, but this just seems excessive.

State Dept. Already discussed but if someone wants to discuss what should actually be cut, have at it.

Education. This is really just moving the pieces, because the spending is important. IMO, this should be at the local level, not fed level. Some states would push back greatly against this, because they don't have enough money to take it on. So, maybe the spending could be cut, but stay at the fed level, with increased local decision making.

HUD. Assuming no explanation needed. Does anyone think that HUD is doing a good job?

EPA. I'm fine with cutting this dept., but it's not like it's giant, and they do have some important duties. Diminishing their authority and regulatory reach is the right move IMO, let them stick to their core duties.

Other areas where I'd like to see less spending are:

IRS (how about a tax code change (fair tax, flat tax, anything that is more simplistic) that actually makes sense, instead of the BS that is always discussed.

DOJ. They have grown significantly in the last 20 years, there's probably a lot of inefficiency and bloat.

Anything else?

Oh, and we need to revise Medicare, Soc. Sec., blah, blah, blah, will never happen.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Good idea.

Here are some areas that can be cut.

Office and Personnel Management. Honestly, don't know everything they do, but this just seems excessive.

State Dept. Already discussed but if someone wants to discuss what should actually be cut, have at it.

Education. This is really just moving the pieces, because the spending is important. IMO, this should be at the local level, not fed level. Some states would push back greatly against this, because they don't have enough money to take it on. So, maybe the spending could be cut, but stay at the fed level, with increased local decision making.

HUD. Assuming no explanation needed. Does anyone think that HUD is doing a good job?

EPA. I'm fine with cutting this dept., but it's not like it's giant, and they do have some important duties. Diminishing their authority and regulatory reach is the right move IMO, let them stick to their core duties.

Other areas where I'd like to see less spending are:

IRS (how about a tax code change (fair tax, flat tax, anything that is more simplistic) that actually makes sense, instead of the BS that is always discussed.

DOJ. They have grown significantly in the last 20 years, there's probably a lot of inefficiency and bloat.

Anything else?

Oh, and we need to revise Medicare, Soc. Sec., blah, blah, blah, will never happen.
how freaking sad, we have this gigantic gov, in fed, state and local paid by my tax dollars and very few people know what the hell these folks do!!!!