Spring semester, History of the Civil War

Post by oaktonhokie »

Very cool.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Spring semester, History of the Civil War

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

This is where you get to learn about how the war was started over slavery. And the reason that the South wanted to secede is because the good & righteous North told the evil and nasty South that they had to free their slaves, and the South refused so they went to war.

Or at least that's what I'm told happened on this board.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I was very tempted to take a course in economic philosophy, or something. The catalog said it trains students to make decisions not only based on economics, but on ethics, politics, and other Politically correct reasons for making business decisions.

I doubt I could have remained respectful in a class like that one.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This is where you get to learn about how the war was started over slavery. And the reason that the South wanted to secede is because the good & righteous North told the evil and nasty South that they had to free their slaves, and the South refused so they went to war.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I was very tempted to take a course in economic philosophy, or something. The catalog said it trains students to make decisions not only based on economics, but on ethics, politics, and other Politically correct reasons for making business decisions.

I doubt I could have remained respectful in a class like that one.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:This is where you get to learn about how the war was started over slavery. And the reason that the South wanted to secede is because the good & righteous North told the evil and nasty South that they had to free their slaves, and the South refused so they went to war.

Anything in the Humanities Dept will be a full court press of indoctrination. Humanities electives were required when I was an engineering major. I took a course called "Utopian Societies." It turned out to be Feminazism 101.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)