Franken to resign in disgrace

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Franken to resign in disgrace

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Re: Franken to resign in disgrace

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:Another NeverTrumper goes down.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3636 ... al-franken

I'm no fan of Franken. In fact the guy should have never been in office to begin with. But I'm not sure I like this new world we're in where a group of women can get together & decide to make accusations against someone and then ruin his life. Franken's case is a bit different in that there's a photo of him groping a sleeping woman. But my fear is this is just the beginning and we're headed to a place where in a he said / she said situation, the she said is enough to condemn a man.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

11:45 he is scheduling a statement to the senate. LOL
Limbaugh should be interesting today.

That picture did him in.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I'm no fan of Franken. In fact the guy should have never been in office to begin with. But I'm not sure I like this new world we're in where a group of women can get together & decide to make accusations against someone and then ruin his life. Franken's case is a bit different in that there's a photo of him groping a sleeping woman. But my fear is this is just the beginning and we're headed to a place where in a he said / she said situation, the she said is enough to condemn a man.
we are there now, if you want to get rid of someone or get them out of a job just make an accusation. I am not a Franken fan but none of the accusations have been proven, and yes the photo of him on the plane is not great but to me that was joking around. Never mind that she is wearing a bulletproof vest so he could not touch anything anyways. I took it as a joke photo but in this nutty world we are in now it is damning. Good luck to all men and really glad I am not young and in the dating world, it would be hell now.

Had a case reported this week, woman claims she was groped on a flight to Charlotte, turns out the flight hit severe turbulents and the guy next to her arm/hand fell into her lap, she is claiming sexual assault, they interviewed the guy and he explained the situation, crazy
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I love it. It's only getting democrats as they're being forced to live by the rules they demand for everyone else. They've lost their ability to deflect and deny.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I love it. It's only getting democrats as they're being forced to live by the rules they demand for everyone else. They've lost their ability to deflect and deny.
It is not a good thing dem or repub
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

It is not a good thing dem or repub
Dems getting what they give is always good.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Agree that this is getting out of hand, and with the Time Magazine cover, etc. the momentum is just going to grow. The pendulum is swinging to far to the other side now and we're losing our principles of "innocent until proven guilty".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Agree that this is getting out of hand, and with the Time Magazine cover, etc. the momentum is just going to grow. The pendulum is swinging to far to the other side now and we're losing our principles of "innocent until proven guilty".
Let it swing till all democrats are knocked down! They're going to try and get Trump with this so let them over play it.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Let it swing till all democrats are knocked down! They're going to try and get Trump with this so let them over play it.
Disagree. This is beyond partisan politics. It goes to core principles. It may be taking its toll on democrats today but tomorrow it will be republicans, then what will you say?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Disagree. This is beyond partisan politics. It goes to core principles. It may be taking its toll on democrats today but tomorrow it will be republicans, then what will you say?
The pendulum will swing back then.

This isn't about principles, it's the democrats finally reaping what they've sown. It's fantastic that they're having to at last live under the roof they've made. It's a spectacular dumpster fire, I'm loving it.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

This isn't about principles, it's the democrats finally reaping what they've sown. It's fantastic that they're having to at last live under the roof they've made. It's a spectacular dumpster fire, I'm loving it.
So you don't care whether they are actually guilty, just that they are democrats and they're getting their due?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

So you don't care whether they are actually guilty, just that they are democrats and they're getting their due?
They're guilty. There are pictures and countless stories. They've all have admitted to the charges so guilt isn't in doubt. The response isn't always proportional and I don't care as this is what they demand in others so they can eat their own dog food.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

I believe the Dems are sacrificing their own to pave the way to get Trump for the same thing..They detest him so much they will kill their own to get him.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

exactly and it is setting very dangerous precedents, basically you can now destroy anyone with zero proof, just an accusation. Very Very bad road to go down no matter what party. Never mind what it does to society. Any teenage boy and above has to think twice about making any action to a female, which will have a dampening affect on the population, hard enough to meet someone today but now add in having your life destroyed 10 years later? what a minefield. And I will say that 100% of men are guilty of harassment and assault under todays rules. I know I persued women in my youth that were not interested in having a relationship with me, as most every male has done. These days that would either be harassment or assault. I guess society will just have to transform where men do not ever chase women and it is up to the women to chase men, that would mean I would not have near as much rejection in high school at least!
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

I’m hoping he doesn’t resign.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

So you don't care whether they are actually guilty, just that they are democrats and they're getting their due?[/quote]

They're guilty. There are pictures and countless stories. They've all have admitted to the charges so guilt isn't in doubt. The response isn't always proportional and I don't care as this is what they demand in others so they can eat their own dog food.[/quote]

dude you are way way wrong on this one, Louis CK has admitted exposing himself and ya got a joke picture of Franken, EVERYONE else has denied the accusations, all the proof that has been shown on any of the people accused in the last couple months is the females saying it happened, NOTHING ELSE!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
dude you are way way wrong on this one, Louis CK has admitted exposing himself and ya got a joke picture of Franken, EVERYONE else has denied the accusations, all the proof that has been shown on any of the people accused in the last couple months is the females saying it happened, NOTHING ELSE!
Nope. All the pervs in Hollywood admitted to what was accused or worse like with Kevin Spacey. The democrats in Congress have confessed too. Moore is the only one denying the charges and looks to be the next senator. This is all great.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Attila T Hun wrote:I believe the Dems are sacrificing their own to pave the way to get Trump for the same thing..They detest him so much they will kill their own to get him.
Yep. Only he's the Road Runner and Will E Coyote will be foiled again.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Attila T Hun wrote:I believe the Dems are sacrificing their own to pave the way to get Trump for the same thing..They detest him so much they will kill their own to get him.
Similar to my thoughts. They are in a rat-feeding frenzy.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

If he’s innocent, he shouldn’t willingly resign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I hope he doesn't resign, where will a 66 year old former Amtrak baggage handler get a job :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

"In the coming weeks" he will be resigning
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote:"In the coming weeks" he will be resigning
Waiting to see if Moore wins or loses. If he wins, Franken goes.