ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Aww...Cuomo plans to sue over tax reform

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:New York's got no case. If this bill is so harmful for New Yorkers then Albany could always pass a tax cut to make up the difference.
It’s not double taxation as long as the state and federal taxes aren’t being used for the same services.
I don’t think it has anything to do with NY ability to pass a tax cut.
Huh? who said anything about double taxation, CPA's point is that NY can cut their state tax for the difference that not being able to deduct state taxes makes in a persons fed tax return and thus the person is not harmed by living in a state that taxes the crap out of you. The whole argument is idiotic though as the tax proposals jack the standard deduction way up and very few people will itemize anymore on the fed return, so state taxes are a not needed figure

This is of course the opinion of a partisan douchebag
You should try and keep up, or at least read the article. You seem to have missed this key sentence,

“We believe the new federal tax plan, if it goes through, is double taxation, and we will sue the federal government if they do that,”

The crux of any suit brought concerning the removal of the deduction is double taxation. Any discussion about the merits of the suit center around the double taxation issue.
Your ignorance on this and all the other issues you brought up in this thread may or may not have to do with partisan douchebaggery. I’m really not sure though.

I agree with you that standard deduction will mitigate a lot.
Sorry the article is so pathetically wrong, its not double taxation in the least, your ignorance of common sense is sad, never mind the douchebaggery
I don't think you understand the conversation in which you are conversing, cwtcr.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:New York's got no case. If this bill is so harmful for New Yorkers then Albany could always pass a tax cut to make up the difference.
It’s not double taxation as long as the state and federal taxes aren’t being used for the same services.
Huh? who said anything about double taxation, CPA's point is that NY can cut their state tax for the difference that not being able to deduct state taxes makes in a persons fed tax return and thus the person is not harmed by living in a state that taxes the crap out of you. The whole argument is idiotic though as the tax proposals jack the standard deduction way up and very few people will itemize anymore on the fed return, so state taxes are a not needed figure

You should try and keep up, or at least read the article. You seem to have missed this key sentence,

“We believe the new federal tax plan, if it goes through, is double taxation, and we will sue the federal government if they do that,”

The crux of any suit brought concerning the removal of the deduction is double taxation. Any discussion about the merits of the suit center around the double taxation issue.
Your ignorance on this and all the other issues you brought up in this thread may or may not have to do with partisan douchebaggery. I’m really not sure though.

Sorry the article is so pathetically wrong, its not double taxation in the least, your ignorance of common sense is sad, never mind the douchebaggery

You OK man? I literally just said it’s not double taxation. You just responded to that post where I said it’s not double taxation. I agree with you, it’s not double taxation.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I don't think you understand the conversation in which you are conversing, cwtcr.
When do you ever converse?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

You OK man? I literally just said it’s not double taxation. You just responded to that post where I said it’s not double taxation. I agree with you, it’s not double taxation.
it must be my blind partisanship added to my douchebaggery....darn it
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

When do you ever converse?
I'm doing so right now, far more effectively than you I'm afraid.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

it must be my blind partisanship added to my douchebaggery....darn it
I'd go with poor reading comprehension skills.