Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Franken to resign in disgrace

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:"In the coming weeks" he will be resigning
Waiting to see if Moore wins or loses. If he wins, Franken goes.
Yep, the democrats will walk it back if they need to. They have no shame.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
dude you are way way wrong on this one, Louis CK has admitted exposing himself and ya got a joke picture of Franken, EVERYONE else has denied the accusations, all the proof that has been shown on any of the people accused in the last couple months is the females saying it happened, NOTHING ELSE!
Nope. All the pervs in Hollywood admitted to what was accused or worse like with Kevin Spacey. The democrats in Congress have confessed too. Moore is the only one denying the charges and looks to be the next senator. This is all great.
Not sure what you have heard but none have admitted to anything (other than Louis CK saying he exposed himself) that was non consensual or flat out denied the accusations. Consent means alot. Spacey never admitted to anything other than he cannot remember what happened 20 + years ago. I don't remember some of the stuff I did during drunken times, not sure anyone can.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
dude you are way way wrong on this one, Louis CK has admitted exposing himself and ya got a joke picture of Franken, EVERYONE else has denied the accusations, all the proof that has been shown on any of the people accused in the last couple months is the females saying it happened, NOTHING ELSE!
Nope. All the pervs in Hollywood admitted to what was accused or worse like with Kevin Spacey. The democrats in Congress have confessed too. Moore is the only one denying the charges and looks to be the next senator. This is all great.
Not sure what you have heard but none have admitted to anything (other than Louis CK saying he exposed himself) that was non consensual or flat out denied the accusations. Consent means alot. Spacey never admitted to anything other than he cannot remember what happened 20 + years ago. I don't remember some of the stuff I did during drunken times, not sure anyone can.
Are you paying attention?
Cpt Jagdish
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

133743Hokie wrote: So you don't care whether they are actually guilty, just that they are democrats and they're getting their due?
This is the modern Republican Party/conservative movement.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Yep, the democrats will walk it back if they need to. They have no shame.
Yup. He hasn’t resigned like all the fake news is reporting.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Another NeverTrumper goes down.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3636 ... al-franken

I'm no fan of Franken. In fact the guy should have never been in office to begin with. But I'm not sure I like this new world we're in where a group of women can get together & decide to make accusations against someone and then ruin his life. Franken's case is a bit different in that there's a photo of him groping a sleeping woman. But my fear is this is just the beginning and we're headed to a place where in a he said / she said situation, the she said is enough to condemn a man.
Agree that this is getting out of hand, and with the Time Magazine cover, etc. the momentum is just going to grow. The pendulum is swinging to far to the other side now and we're losing our principles of "innocent until proven guilty".
Let it swing till all democrats are knocked down! They're going to try and get Trump with this so let them over play it.

But it won't be just Democrats though. We're traveling down a very dangerous road IMO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I'm no fan of Franken. In fact the guy should have never been in office to begin with. But I'm not sure I like this new world we're in where a group of women can get together & decide to make accusations against someone and then ruin his life. Franken's case is a bit different in that there's a photo of him groping a sleeping woman. But my fear is this is just the beginning and we're headed to a place where in a he said / she said situation, the she said is enough to condemn a man.
Agree that this is getting out of hand, and with the Time Magazine cover, etc. the momentum is just going to grow. The pendulum is swinging to far to the other side now and we're losing our principles of "innocent until proven guilty".
Let it swing till all democrats are knocked down! They're going to try and get Trump with this so let them over play it.

But it won't be just Democrats though. We're traveling down a very dangerous road IMO.
We’ve been down this road. See the Duke lacrosse players.....the guy the ip’s gal Lena Dunham accused.......others.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Are you paying attention?
yea, even Weinstein said nothing he did was non consensual, the only person so far in the last couple of months that has been accused that said they did any of the accusations was Louis CK, ALL the rest denied the accusations or said yes there was an event but it was consensual acts. Spacey said he could not remember what happened over 20 years ago except the guy at the party and him were drunk as hell
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I has to be, they can't be the party of Bill Clinton and woman's rights anymore. They have to purge the pervs as their hypocrisy is crippling.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: So you don't care whether they are actually guilty, just that they are democrats and they're getting their due?
Haha, it's hilarious when you come on here and pretend to not be a partisan.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

HokieFanDC wrote:
I'm assuming Moore will be expelled after he gets elected.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
Yeah....how is that the Pub Party/Conservative movement? It’s the left that crows about “the seriousness of the charge”......LOL

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Not sure, what does it take to do that? Pretty rare I’m assuming.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Not sure, what does it take to do that? Pretty rare I’m assuming.
Hasn't happened since the Civil War. 2/3 vote.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Like Trump was?
Cpt Jagdish
Party: None of the above

Post by Cpt Jagdish »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
Yeah....how is that the Pub Party/Conservative movement? It’s the left that crows about “the seriousness of the charge”......LOL
Throw morals/ethics out the window, as long as Dems are hurt then it's a good thing.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
Throw morals/ethics out the window, as long as Dems are hurt then it's a good thing.
Morals/ethics were never in your room. That's what makes your outrage so hilarious. You have nothing to throw out the window.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Cpt Jagdish wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Cpt Jagdish wrote:
Ha. You’re living in a dreamland. 5e left has been rallying around sexual predators for years. Don’t talk moral and ethics with regards to them. Ted Kennedy wants his window back.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

He's a POS

No one who listened carefully to Franken's remarks this morning could walk away from them with any notion of why he is bothering to resign. He stood there in his purple tie grinning smugly, explaining, as if to a sensitive child, why he had done nothing wrong

http://theweek.com/articles/741994/al-f ... isnt-sorry
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

More cannon fodder is coming Image
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

OuchImage
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:He's a POS

No one who listened carefully to Franken's remarks this morning could walk away from them with any notion of why he is bothering to resign. He stood there in his purple tie grinning smugly, explaining, as if to a sensitive child, why he had done nothing wrong

Agreed, that was a despicable "resignation". Half admitted he did anything wrong, and then made accusations about Moore and Trump, ie deflected.
He isn't sorry.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yeah, that's my fear.

By the way, in case it's not obvious, Democrats are teeing this up as a way to paint anyone who's had a sexual harassment claim against them (as in... Trump) as unfit for office.

This whole thing will backfire on women badly in the long term. There's already women complaining about the Pence strategy, of course. They want to flirt with guys in the office and use it for their gain - but still be able to ruin them if they don't get what they want. Nope - not playing that game.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yeah, that's my fear.

By the way, in case it's not obvious, Democrats are teeing this up as a way to paint anyone who's had a sexual harassment claim against them (as in... Trump) as unfit for office.

This whole thing will backfire on women badly in the long term. There's already women complaining about the Pence strategy, of course. They want to flirt with guys in the office and use it for their gain - but still be able to ruin them if they don't get what they want. Nope - not playing that game.
Its bad for society as a whole, At this point any interaction with a female can be misconstrued or any allegation made and your career is destroyed.... so stay the hell away from women... good luck to us
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:He's a POS

Agreed, that was a despicable "resignation". Half admitted he did anything wrong, and then made accusations about Moore and Trump, ie deflected.
He isn't sorry.
Sorry, the problem remains, what evidence. We have a photo which anyone with any common sense is a joke photo. There is no proof he ever actually groped her and she is wearing a bullet proof vest so at worst he touched the vest, I agree kevlar is sexy. As for the rest of the accusations, they are accusations with no evidence. My issue is it is all good until there are accusations thrown at you. So don't piss off any women you know or be in there way say for a promotion or something as you would be next to be canned with no way to prove you did not do what the accusations are.