Slager (SC policy shooting) gets 20

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Slager (SC policy shooting) gets 20

Post by TheH2 »

for shooting a guy in the back. If someone wasn't recording this he would have gotten off.

Even with the video some idiot here said he'd walk.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... eabff12e80

And CW, we know your opinion that Scott would be alive if he didn't run. Don't waste your time posting.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Re: Slager (SC policy shooting) gets 20

Post by RiverguyVT »

And a school shooting today too
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

He got off easy IMHO.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Good.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:He got off easy IMHO.
I wouldn't even say that.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Compare that to this....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florid ... story.html

TheH2 wrote:for shooting a guy in the back. If someone wasn't recording this he would have gotten off.

And CW, we know your opinion that Scott would be alive if he didn't run. Don't waste your time posting.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Major Kong wrote:He got off easy IMHO.
Yeah, he definitely got off easy. Shot in the back is pretty cold $hit for a routine stop and not in danger. Not to mention he appeared to plant evidence to make it look better.
People who know, know.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:Compare that to this....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/florid ... story.html

TheH2 wrote:for shooting a guy in the back. If someone wasn't recording this he would have gotten off.

Except that the vandal was a "habitual offender". If it had been his first offense, he would have gotten much less.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

bite me son, the reality is if he would not have run and would not have engaged the cop in a physical altercation he would be alive today but I never said the cop was not wrong. But be an ass to me, it helps your cause. Again, when you get pulled over for a traffic stop are you a crap head to the cop or fight or run from them..... some of us are smart enough to know that is being stupid

btw H2o if you don't do it watch Live PD on A&E on Friday and saturday nights, it shows you actual police work and watch it a couple of times and you wonder why anyone on the planet would want to be in law enforcement. But for you sake you better hope and pray people continue to do that job. I can take care of myself, not sure you would fare well.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son, the reality is if he would not have run and would not have engaged the cop in a physical altercation he would be alive today but I never said the cop was not wrong. But be an ass to me, it helps your cause. Again, when you get pulled over for a traffic stop are you a crap head to the cop or fight or run from them..... some of us are smart enough to know that is being stupid

btw H2o if you don't do it watch Live PD on A&E on Friday and saturday nights, it shows you actual police work and watch it a couple of times and you wonder why anyone on the planet would want to be in law enforcement. But for you sake you better hope and pray people continue to do that job. I can take care of myself, not sure you would fare well.
+1
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son
I'll abstain from the biting. We know your opinion, it's been discussed, no need to rehash. Sorry you're so upset I want to avoid the same thing again. I wasn't being an ass, just an honest. It's not my fault it can be perceived as the same thing sometimes.
cwtcr hokie wrote: But be an ass to me, it helps your cause.
cwtcr hokie wrote:btw H2o
For what it's worth it's referencing the bomb, not water.
cwtcr hokie wrote: if you don't do it watch Live PD on A&E on Friday and saturday nights, it shows you actual police work and watch it a couple of times and you wonder why anyone on the planet would want to be in law enforcement.

I love police officers. Have a cousin that was one. I support them in the area. Even have friends that are officers, and several live in my neighborhood.
cwtcr hokie wrote:But for you sake you better hope and pray people continue to do that job. I can take care of myself, not sure you would fare well.
They are professional and I'm very confident they will continue to do their job. Love the internet tough guy! I'm sure you're a bad mother f.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son
I'll abstain from the biting. We know your opinion, it's been discussed, no need to rehash. Sorry you're so upset I want to avoid the same thing again. I wasn't being an ass, just an honest. It's not my fault it can be perceived as the same thing sometimes.
cwtcr hokie wrote: if you don't do it watch Live PD on A&E on Friday and saturday nights, it shows you actual police work and watch it a couple of times and you wonder why anyone on the planet would want to be in law enforcement.

I love police officers. Have a cousin that was one. I support them in the area. Even have friends that are officers, and several live in my neighborhood.
cwtcr hokie wrote:But for you sake you better hope and pray people continue to do that job. I can take care of myself, not sure you would fare well.
They are professional and I'm very confident they will continue to do their job. Love the internet tough guy! I'm sure you're a bad mother f.
fyi, the great thing about living on acreage like I do, I can shoot whenever I want to, thus my statement. My aim is pretty darn fine. Funny about your response tho, do you agree or disagree that the guy that is dead would be alive today if he would have dealt with the cop about a minor traffic ticket, agree or disagree. Or do you think the cop was out to shoot a MF black dude that day and destroy his own life in the process?

good picture of my mini donkey btw, he is that color, kewl animal
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son

fyi, the great thing about living on acreage like I do, I can shoot whenever I want to, thus my statement. My aim is pretty darn fine. Funny about your response tho, do you agree or disagree that the guy that is dead would be alive today if he would have dealt with the cop about a minor traffic ticket, agree or disagree. Or do you think the cop was out to shoot a MF black dude that day and destroy his own life in the process?

It just isn't relevant. There was no threat, under no circumstance should he have been shot. It deflects where the blame should be.

However, I have no problem answering it. Yes, I'm confident he would not have been shot in the back and killed if he would not have run.

In terms of his own life, he was thinking <conjecture> he could blame it on the fugitive. And, he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the one person capturing it on camera.
People who know, know.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

20 years? That's all he got was 20 goddamned years?

That cop should have been locked away for the rest of his life. He was in zero danger at all and no excuse whatsoever for shooting that guy in the back.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son

It just isn't relevant. There was no threat, under no circumstance should he have been shot. It deflects where the blame should be.

However, I have no problem answering it. Yes, I'm confident he would not have been shot in the back and killed if he would not have run.

In terms of his own life, he was thinking <conjecture> he could blame it on the fugitive. And, he would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the one person capturing it on camera.
How is it not relevant, it was a traffic stop, same as thousands that happen daily, for whatever reason the guy got into a physical altercation with the cop and ran from him, the dead dude does bear some responsibility for his bad decisions, same as the cop for using force not in relation to the situation. I would say the sentence represents that. The cop did not walk up to the window and execute the dude, he was doing his job, badly yes.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son

How is it not relevant, it was a traffic stop, same as thousands that happen daily, for whatever reason the guy got into a physical altercation with the cop and ran from him, the dead dude does bear some responsibility for his bad decisions, same as the cop for using force not in relation to the situation. I would say the sentence represents that. The cop did not walk up to the window and execute the dude, he was doing his job, badly yes.
He was doing is job in so much as I'm doing my job when I'm in my office. If he was doing his job, he wouldn't have shot a guy in the back. That's why your question is not relevant because it incorrectly leads you to that statement.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Hokie CPA wrote:20 years? That's all he got was 20 goddamned years?

That cop should have been locked away for the rest of his life. He was in zero danger at all and no excuse whatsoever for shooting that guy in the back.
Crazy. Still also amazing to me that someone here was defending him. UWS is crazy!
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Does the dead guy bear any responsibility? Maybe why the sentence what is what it is. It was a traffic stop, at that point like it or not the person being stopped needs to comply with the cop, same as you and me. Instead of doing that he fleed, then got into a physical altercation with the cop then fleed again. I agree the idiot should not have been shot but any reasonable person sees that the dead guy was a huge factor in how his life ended. Thus I think is how you get the 20 yr sentence. Keep in mind that the cop has no idea if the guy has a weapon on him as he never got a chance to search him, so to say no threat at all is not correct. It was a bad situation made tragic by massive stupid decisions on both parties
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

Crazy. Still also amazing to me that someone here was defending him. UWS is crazy!
you do understand the difference between debating the incident and saying responsibility for the events are not 100% on either party, correct? I never defended the cop shooting him in the back. But facts tend to get ignored sometimes... yes UWS is crazy
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

bite me son

He was doing is job in so much as I'm doing my job when I'm in my office. If he was doing his job, he wouldn't have shot a guy in the back. That's why your question is not relevant because it incorrectly leads you to that statement.[/quote]

the traffic stop is his job, dealing in a reasonable manner with law enforcement when you interact with them would be stoppees job at that point
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Does the dead guy bear any responsibility? Maybe why the sentence what is what it is. It was a traffic stop, at that point like it or not the person being stopped needs to comply with the cop, same as you and me. Instead of doing that he fleed, then got into a physical altercation with the cop then fleed again. I agree the idiot should not have been shot but any reasonable person sees that the dead guy was a huge factor in how his life ended. Thus I think is how you get the 20 yr sentence. Keep in mind that the cop has no idea if the guy has a weapon on him as he never got a chance to search him, so to say no threat at all is not correct. It was a bad situation made tragic by massive stupid decisions on both parties
If he'd been arrested and tried for evading police/resisting arrest, then yes, the dead guy would bear responsibility. But that didn't happen because a cop shot him in the back when he wasn't threatening anyone and killed him. That's murder, and that cop should never set foot outside a prison wall again.

Even if the guy had been armed, he never brandished it and never threatened anyone with it. That cop had no reason to shoot. None.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

you do understand the difference between debating the incident and saying responsibility for the events are not 100% on either party, correct? I never defended the cop shooting him in the back. But facts tend to get ignored sometimes... yes UWS is crazy
I wasn't referencing you. This was right after the incident happened.
People who know, know.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

If you watch ID, you'll know that 20 years is not really a "low" number of years for 2nd degree murder. I've seen more but I've certainly seen a lot less. I'm not saying its right, but this not way out of line for a 2nd degree murder charge.

But besides that, let's remember this is a cop going to prison. He will have a VERY large target on his back - especially from the black inmates who believe he's a racist. I would be surprised if he actually lives for 20 more years. So this could possibly be a de facto death sentence.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

If he'd been arrested and tried for evading police/resisting arrest, then yes, the dead guy would bear responsibility. But that didn't happen because a cop shot him in the back when he wasn't threatening anyone and killed him. That's murder, and that cop should never set foot outside a prison wall again.

Even if the guy had been armed, he never brandished it and never threatened anyone with it. That cop had no reason to shoot. None.
so you charge a cop with murder if he/she is in a car chase and does a pit maneuver to stop them and the car fleeing ends up with dead people in it due to the maneuver, correct?

The point is it never should have gotten to the point it did, if the cop walked up and executed him in his car then yes but the guy that is dead bears alot of responsibility for his monumental dumb decisions. The cop bears responsibility for overreacting and killing him when he was running away. Ideally he gives chase and tazes the dumbass