Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

This is how you solve illegal immigration

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-immigratio ... nance.html

Go after the employers. All of us that work have had to go through the I9 process so the information is there. Duplicate SSN#s or green card numbers should be cause to investigate and if correct documentation can't be produced the employee is fired. If companies can't produce the necessary documentation they should be fined...huge fines.

Same for schools. I have to provide proof that I live in the district to enroll my kids. If you can't produce valid documentation you can't enroll.

Remove the incentive and you remove the reason to come here.

Won't fix it all, but it's a good start.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Re: This is how you solve illegal immigration

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-immigratio ... nance.html

Go after the employers. All of us that work have had to go through the I9 process so the information is there. Duplicate SSN#s or green card numbers should be cause to investigate and if correct documentation can't be produced the employee is fired. If companies can't produce the necessary documentation they should be fined...huge fines.

Same for schools. I have to provide proof that I live in the district to enroll my kids. If you can't produce valid documentation you can't enroll.

yep, keep in mind the employer does not have a way to know if the documentation presented is valid or not. It has to go thru the gov. check thing which means delays and screw ups happen, just look at the gov review of gun purchases for many examples
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep. And it needs to be law- not an EO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:

Yep. And it needs to be law- not an EO.
The laws to support this are already there. They just need enforced.

It is already illegal to employ an undocumented worker.

It is already illegal to falsify documents.

It already illegal to work in the US without documentation.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.