Feinstein sabotaging the Fusion GPS investigation.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Feinstein sabotaging the Fusion GPS investigation.

Post by HokieHam »

I’d boot her ass off the committee and have her charged with obstruction. The Dems don’t want this stuff dug up, for obvious reasons.
The unexpected release, which came after a tense back-and-forth between Republicans and Democrats over what to do with the transcript of Simpson’s interview, follows Fusion GPS' demand last week that the full transcript be released, sparking a fight with Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) over who was standing in the way of the document being released. The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson on August 22, 2017 as part of its investigation into Russia's election interference.

That confrontation heated up last week after Simpson and his Fusion GPS co-founder Peter Fritsch penned an op-ed in The New York Times calling on the three congressional committees who have interviewed Fusion GPS employees to release transcripts of the interviews. Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, balked at the idea, saying that the transcript needed to remain confidential while the panel is interviewing other witnesses.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-01- ... mp-dossier
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
TheH2

Re: Feinstein sabotaging the Fusion GPS investigation.

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:I’d boot her ass off the committee and have her charged with obstruction. The Dems don’t want this stuff dug up, for obvious reasons.
This dem is bring transparency. If the dems didn't want this stuff dug up why would they be providing additional information? Given that it didn't compromise anyone or anything; it seems like you would be happy with more information being made available.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:I’d boot her ass off the committee and have her charged with obstruction. The Dems don’t want this stuff dug up, for obvious reasons.
This dem is bring transparency. If the dems didn't want this stuff dug up why would they be providing additional information? Given that it didn't compromise anyone or anything; it seems like you would be happy with more information being made available.
Except it is an active investigation and per the experts this could prevent others from coming forward now that all that testimony is out there from the head guy at fusion gps.... ya know investigations have procedures (unless you are a moron dem)
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Except it is an active investigation and per the experts this could prevent others from coming forward now that all that testimony is out there from the head guy at fusion gps.... ya know investigations have procedures (unless you are a moron dem)
Or a moron republican (Cornyn).
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
so you agree it was a dumb move by Feinstein?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
It isn't hindering anything. Only ends some of the conspiracy theorist BS that is allowed to fester when information is withheld. If that information can be released without compromising anything then let the light shine!
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
It isn't hindering anything. Only ends some of the conspiracy theorist BS that is allowed to fester when information is withheld. If that information can be released without compromising anything then let the light shine!
How can you keep saying that nothing is compromised?
It is an ongoing investigation. Don't be such a party-first cheerleader
Come on
Think

smh
:roll:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

The unexpected release, which came after a tense back-and-forth between Republicans and Democrats over what to do with the transcript of Simpson’s interview, follows Fusion GPS' demand last week that the full transcript be released, sparking a fight with Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) over who was standing in the way of the document being released. The Senate Judiciary Committee interviewed Simpson on August 22, 2017 as part of its investigation into Russia's election interference.

That confrontation heated up last week after Simpson and his Fusion GPS co-founder Peter Fritsch penned an op-ed in The New York Times calling on the three congressional committees who have interviewed Fusion GPS employees to release transcripts of the interviews. Grassley, the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, balked at the idea, saying that the transcript needed to remain confidential while the panel is interviewing other witnesses.
Agreed, she should be booted off.
Not sure how you get to obstruction from this, though.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote: How can you keep saying that nothing is compromised?
Come on
Think

smh
What's compromised? A republican on the committee seems to disagree with you.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Agreed, she should be booted off.
Not sure how you get to obstruction from this, though.
I'm not sure how the procedures work but they should vote to remove her.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
Come on
Think

smh
Well, goody for him. I often disagry with republicans.
What's compromised? The ability to do future inquiries that aren't influenced by this one done behind a closed door. No one is saying that stuff should be secret forever.... What's compromised is investigation & committee integrity. Any future interview is now tainted by this release. You can't see that? Really?

Yay, team dem!!!
Salute the Marines
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Come on
Think

smh
What's compromised? The ability to do future inquiries that aren't influenced by this one done behind a closed door. No one is saying that stuff should be secret forever.... What's compromised is investigation & committee integrity. Any future interview is now tainted by this release. You can't see that? Really?

Yay, team dem!!!
I'm team (R) Cornyn. So reasonable people can disagree.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I'm not sure how the procedures work but they should vote to remove her.
She should be formally charged with obstruction of justice, and prosecuted. She should be impeached and removed from her position in the Senate, and any committee that isn't parade float oriented. She should lose every single security clearance she's ever held.
Salute the Marines
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

They were going to compare testimonies of others that have been subpoenaed to testify. It’s what investigators do. That’s why this is BS.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Come on
Think

smh

Yay, team dem!!!
I'm team (R) Cornyn. So reasonable people can disagree.
If it is based on emotion, as yours seems to be, this isn't reasoned people disagreeing.
Question: Do you honestly think all testimonies in all investigations should be shared with other witnesses before they themselves make a statement?

Where is you line, if not?
Salute the Marines
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
If it is based on emotion, as yours seems to be, this isn't reasoned people disagreeing.
Question: Do you honestly think all testimonies in all investigations should be shared with other witnesses before they themselves make a statement?

It depends on the circumstances. Who's being interviewed?

Information was being leaked, resulting in misinformation spreading. Grasserly initially wanted public testimony, which Fusion GPS (or Simpson his lawywer(s)?) wouldn't agree to. Now that misinformation was spreading, they wanted it released.
People who know, know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Information was being leaked, resulting in misinformation spreading. Grasserly initially wanted public testimony, which Fusion GPS (or Simpson his lawywer(s)?) wouldn't agree to. Now that misinformation was spreading, they wanted it released.
Oh come on, they're undermining the investigation. Even a goat can understand that.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

No H2, you are just wrong. The false appeal to authority (Cronyn) was not a good argument nor is this new one. You have to do better than that if you are to **rationally** support the undermining of an active investigation. What she did was subversive as hell. You apparently like it because it supports "your team" but you cannot support the position using logic. A great example of liberals thinking that the ends justify the means. It is a great position for an anarchist to take. Welcome to Obama's banana republic; we are no longer a nation of laws but rather of men. Effing libs. :evil:
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Seriously, H2... we often disagry, but I tend to like your posts. I’m just not accustomed to seeing you being intellectually dishonest in exchange for an end result pragmatism.

Feinstein should be prosecuted on this.
Salute the Marines
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

No H2, you are just wrong. The false appeal to authority (Cronyn) was not a good argument nor is this new one. You have to do better than that if you are to **rationally** support the undermining of an active investigation. What she did was subversive as hell. You apparently like it because it supports "your team" but you cannot support the position using logic. A great example of liberals thinking that the ends justify the means. It is a great position for an anarchist to take. Welcome to Obama's banana republic; we are no longer a nation of laws but rather of men. Effing libs. :evil:
You're the one showing emotion here, not me. This isn't about "my team". Why did Grasserly want open testimony to begin with? If it was so important to keep this private wouldn't he have wanted private testimony?

The problem is this puts some facts behind the leaks that were coming from someone on the committee. The leaks that were leading to the conspiracy theories and false rumors. Couldn't those ruin an investigation, or "lead" an investigation down a false path. Seems like this put that BS in the light.
People who know, know.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Please......just stop defending her.......

“The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before,” she told NBC News.

“And I don’t make an excuse but I’ve had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities [sic] a little bit.”-Feinstein

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:Please......just stop defending her.......

“The one regret I have is that I should have spoke with Senator Grassley before,” she told NBC News.

“And I don’t make an excuse but I’ve had a bad cold and maybe that slowed down my mental facilities [sic] a little bit.”-Feinstein
Kick her off, I don't care. I said as much.
People who know, know.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Recognizing right from wrong does not make me emotional.
You never struck me as a " ends justify the means" person untill now.
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Yep. In the least, she should be removed from all committee duties. In reality, she be should impeached.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:Yep. In the least, she should be removed from all committee duties. In reality, she be should impeached.
I have no issue with this.
People who know, know.