Stupid NYeck sues oil companies.....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Stupid NYeck sues oil companies.....

Post by HokieHam »

All the companies named in the lawsuit should pull ALL their business from the city.

On another note, we need tort reform.
New York City is suing five major oil companies, claiming they have contributed to global warming.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will be seeking billions in the lawsuit to recoup money spent by the city for resiliency efforts related to climate change.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Re: Stupid NYeck sues oil companies.....

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieHam wrote:All the companies named in the lawsuit should pull ALL their business from the city.

New York City is suing five major oil companies, claiming they have contributed to global warming.

Mayor Bill de Blasio says the city will be seeking billions in the lawsuit to recoup money spent by the city for resiliency efforts related to climate change.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can sue a turnip. I agree with you tho, they should shut down all fuel stations in the entire city so as not to cause the city to have issues with global warming. Let them bike everywhere
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:All the companies named in the lawsuit should pull ALL their business from the city.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can sue a turnip. I agree with you tho, they should shut down all fuel stations in the entire city so as not to cause the city to have issues with global warming. Let them bike everywhere
The market is doing that already. There is one gas station left in midtown (@ 12th ave) and they charge over 6 dollars a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The market is doing that already. There is one gas station left in midtown (@ 12th ave) and they charge over 6 dollars a gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good luck to ya, great place to live

2.20 for unleaded here, have to fill up the F250 today, maybe 2.70
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Would love to see deblasio try and prove his point. Could really blow a hole in the AGW crowds argument.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:Would love to see deblasio try and prove his point. Could really blow a hole in the AGW crowds argument.
Yeh, that was my first thought. How do you prove anything like that? Could be interesting. Or, could be the last we hear of it b/c it's so silly.

One note, he is comparing the oil industry to the tobacco industry. That's funny.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Would love to see deblasio try and prove his point. Could really blow a hole in the AGW crowds argument.
Yeh, that was my first thought. How do you prove anything like that? Could be interesting. Or, could be the last we hear of it b/c it's so silly.

One note, he is comparing the oil industry to the tobacco industry. That's funny.
He just wants to extort them like the feds did the tobacco industry.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Well, personally, I think the tobacco companies deserved all they got. They absolutely knew they were selling a product that was killing people.
No matter what you think about oil companies, it's hard to argue that they aren't heavily involved in alternative fuels. Even it's just because they are planning for the future, they are generally embracing new fuel sources.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Well, personally, I think the tobacco companies deserved all they got. They absolutely knew they were selling a product that was killing people.
No matter what you think about oil companies, it's hard to argue that they aren't heavily involved in alternative fuels. Even it's just because they are planning for the future, they are generally embracing new fuel sources.
Everyone has known for generations that cigarettes were bad for your health. They were called cancer sticks sixty years ago! But the bottom line is that it is a legal product. No one was forced to buy it . But the government loved the revenue brought in from the "sin tax" so you weren't going to see them do anything about it.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Everyone has known for generations that cigarettes were bad for your health. They were called cancer sticks sixty years ago! But the bottom line is that it is a legal product. No one was forced to buy it . But the government loved the revenue brought in from the "sin tax" so you weren't going to see them do anything about it.
However you view tobacco, the oil companies are not even remotely in the same ballpark. It's a stupid comparison.