Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

An entire middle school is seeing Black Panther

Post by awesome guy »

http://m.nbc12.com/story/37420286/video ... ck-panther

Apparently they think it's black culture and black history.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: An entire middle school is seeing Black Panther

Post by USN_Hokie »

LOL. I had heard things in passing about this movie...I assumed it was a historical drama set in the 60's or something.

An freaking comic book movie about a black ethnostate with quotes like "the revolution starts now" being shown to kids? Just wait until all the people who are upset about the one white guy and his 12 friends who got lost at a UVA football tailgate hear about this.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:LOL. I had heard things in passing about this movie...I assumed it was a historical drama set in the 60's or something.

An freaking comic book movie about a black ethnostate with quotes like "the revolution starts now" being shown to kids? Just wait until all the people who are upset about the one white guy and his 12 friends who got lost at a UVA football tailgate hear about this.
Watch the trailer, it looks like Rev Wright and Louis Farikan crap of blacks being the true leaders of technology and wealth till mean ole Whitey came and stole it all. It's a sad state of affairs that some don't realize it's all fiction and has nothing to do with black culture.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

FWIW it has a great cast...I enjoyed the comic as a kid.

I'm looking forward to the movie...so far I've enjoyed most of the Marvel Universe films and TV shows.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:FWIW it has a great cast...I enjoyed the comic as a kid.

I'm looking forward to the movie...so far I've enjoyed most of the Marvel Universe films and TV shows.
I'm concerned they'll wreck it with SJW nitwittery. I want to see it too and it could be great. Hope it is, but it's already got another message as the link above indicates. May be a 3rd day watch, after the table dancing stops and loud/obnoxious folks are gone.
fatman

Post by fatman »

awesome guy wrote:http://m.nbc12.com/story/37420286/video ... ck-panther

We are going to see it when it comes out. Marvel is crushing it these days, literally printing $. It seems that DC Comics can't figure out a similar formula, which is odd. BP was an interesting character in the Avengers movie, I'd bet $ this will be another box office smash.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote:

We are going to see it when it comes out. Marvel is crushing it these days, literally printing $. It seems that DC Comics can't figure out a similar formula, which is odd. BP was an interesting character in the Avengers movie, I'd bet $ this will be another box office smash.
The only demo which still watches movies in theaters loves comic book movies.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Marvel has been great at expanding that so that women like them too.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

True, but the demo who watches Florence Foster Jenkins were just getting screwed over by paying movie prices for movies that gain nothing by being on the big screen.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

True, but the demo who watches Florence Foster Jenkins were just getting screwed over by paying movie prices for movies that gain nothing by being on the big screen.
Technology is a big factor. Movie theater screens haven't changed that much in 50yrs while home theater screens have. People on food stamps have big screen, high definition screens with surround sound.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Technology is a big factor. Movie theater screens haven't changed that much in 50yrs while home theater screens have. People on food stamps have big screen, high definition screens with surround sound.
Dude, 3D and IMax, huge difference
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Do you like watching 3D movies? Maybe it's b/c I have horrible eyesight, but 3D movies look a little "off" to me.

IMAX. Oh yeah!!!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

I still like watching action/adventure movies in theaters with real surround sound. Most of those are in 2K, and I think a lot in 4K these days. Watching comedies or dramas, doesn't seem worth the price when you can rent it at home on a 70 inch TV. AND, if you want to watch Steel Magnolias, no one has to know it.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote: We are going to see it when it comes out. Marvel is crushing it these days, literally printing $. It seems that DC Comics can't figure out a similar formula, which is odd. BP was an interesting character in the Avengers movie, I'd bet $ this will be another box office smash.
Do you like watching 3D movies? Maybe it's b/c I have horrible eyesight, but 3D movies look a little "off" to me.

IMAX. Oh yeah!!!
I like them, but IMax 3D is worth every penny. Even Transformers 5 was great in that format.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

IMAX. Oh yeah!!!
I like them, but IMax 3D is worth every penny. Even Transformers 5 was great in that format.
Not sure I've ever seen IMax 3D. I'm assuming I'd remember it if I had...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: True, but the demo who watches Florence Foster Jenkins were just getting screwed over by paying movie prices for movies that gain nothing by being on the big screen.

IMAX. Oh yeah!!!
Not sure I've ever seen IMax 3D. I'm assuming I'd remember it if I had...
It's a double edged sword. It's so detailed that you see everything. Last Jedi looked even more ridiculous in it. That movie was better in regular 3D. It enhances what you see for sure.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Oh no. Can’t have women liking movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Oh no. Can’t have women liking movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pro tip: you can't mock when you're a retard. It undermines the effort, better luck next time slick.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Marvel has been great at expanding that so that women like them too.
My wife loved all the Avengers movies, all the Thor movies and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

She's not too hep on the TV shows.

She hasn't cared for any of the DC Comics fiascos exept for Wonder Woman.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Marvel has been great at expanding that so that women like them too.
My wife loved all the Avengers movies, all the Thor movies and the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

She's not too hep on the TV shows.

She hasn't cared for any of the DC Comics fiascos exept for Wonder Woman.
Mine liked Avengers and everything but the first 2 Thor movies, doubt she likes 3 as she was meh about Guardians. "Weird humor that you like" as she called it. Captain America and Iron Man were big hits, all 3 of each. But ever since Toby McGuire Spider-Man, they've been solid making something women will see too.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Mine liked Avengers and everything but the first 2 Thor movies, doubt she likes 3 as she was meh about Guardians. "Weird humor that you like" as she called it. Captain America and Iron Man were big hits, all 3 of each. But ever since Toby McGuire Spider-Man, they've been solid making something women will see too.
I forgot she loved Deadpool and Ant-Man.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote:

Quite a few home theater projectors offer 3D. Plus, many of them have better native contrast ratio than anything you'll see in commercial cinema outside of laser projection Imax. You lose some of the big screen atmosphere, but you don't have to deal with goofballs and their cell phones. ;)
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
fatman wrote: We are going to see it when it comes out. Marvel is crushing it these days, literally printing $. It seems that DC Comics can't figure out a similar formula, which is odd. BP was an interesting character in the Avengers movie, I'd bet $ this will be another box office smash.

Quite a few home theater projectors offer 3D. Plus, many of them have better native contrast ratio than anything you'll see in commercial cinema outside of laser projection Imax. You lose some of the big screen atmosphere, but you don't have to deal with goofballs and their cell phones. ;)
Home theater is without a doubt awesome. I'm pointing out that regular theaters are better too. Plus the dinner places are nice. I can drink beer at a couple here.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:You lose some of the big screen atmosphere, but you don't have to deal with goofballs and their cell phones. ;)
People talking, cell phones, $40 popcorn/soda...?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Home theater is without a doubt awesome. I'm pointing out that regular theaters are better too. Plus the dinner places are nice. I can drink beer at a couple here.
My point remains - advancements in home theater technology have far outpaced theaters. 3D is old tech by the way - they've revived it as a gimmick mostly.