Post by USN_Hokie »

....ensues.
California science fair project tying race, IQ sparks outcry

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/10/ca ... utcry.html
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: CA: Student does science fair project on race & IQ. Hila

Post by awesome guy »

The anti-science left won't tolerate facts, at least publicly. They'll denounce him in public and then scurry to open a Planned Parenthood beside the dozen blacks in the program.

That kid is up to the line in using such facts. It's acceptable to explain why groups aren't in the program, awful to use those facts to create policies that deny entry based on those facts. It's can only be a tool to gain hindsight, not direct entry.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I would have to see the IQ questions to determine the actual outcomes of the results...was it an actual "IQ" test or more of a "cultural" test :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:I would have to see the IQ questions to determine the actual outcomes of the results...was it an actual "IQ" test or more of a "cultural" test :?:
"Cultural test" is a scapegoat for poor performance. No matter the metric, they all draw the same conclusion. IQ tests, wealth, incarceration rate, graduation rate, etc all tell the same story.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:I would have to see the IQ questions to determine the actual outcomes of the results...was it an actual "IQ" test or more of a "cultural" test :?:
That's the sort of thing which would be evaluated/graded in a...science fair, don't you think?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
"Cultural test" is a scapegoat for poor performance. No matter the metric, they all draw the same conclusion. IQ tests, wealth, incarceration rate, graduation rate, etc all tell the same story.
Yep. What's the "cultural bias" of this question:

Even better question: Why would the evil white man create a test with a cultural bias towards east asians and (Ashkenazi) jews?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Even better question: Why would the evil white man create a test with a cultural bias towards east asians and (Ashkenazi) jews?
Just curious - where did that question come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I just did a google image search for "raven progressive matrices IQ test"

Raven's progressive matrices are a common type of question used to measure cognitive ability.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I just did a google image search for "raven progressive matrices IQ test"

Raven's progressive matrices are a common type of question used to measure cognitive ability.
That particular question is a good one for math and engineering. Computer programming too.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:"Cultural test" is a scapegoat for poor performance. No matter the metric, they all draw the same conclusion. IQ tests, wealth, incarceration rate, graduation rate, etc all tell the same story.
I've seen many IQ test that were geared much more towards the "cultural" rather than actually measuring a persons actual intelligence.

Measuring a persons IQ is a long drawn out procedure and can't be determined by an online IQ test consisting of just a "few" questions.

I'd actually like to see this test, and even take it, before I could make a determination of the validity of the exercise.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:"Cultural test" is a scapegoat for poor performance. No matter the metric, they all draw the same conclusion. IQ tests, wealth, incarceration rate, graduation rate, etc all tell the same story.
I've seen many IQ test that were geared much more towards the "cultural" rather than actually measuring a persons actual intelligence.

Measuring a persons IQ is a long drawn out procedure and can't be determined by an online IQ test consisting of just a "few" questions.

I'd actually like to see this test, and even take it, before I could make a determination of the validity of the exercise.
I don't think it's worth getting too worked up about either way, one could argue that EQ is more determinative of success than IQ. You are not likely to get very far with just one.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

I don't think it's worth getting too worked up about either way, one could argue that EQ is more determinative of success than IQ. You are not likely to get very far with just one.
Cognitive ability has a pretty strong correlation to success. That's why schools use it (the SAT, GRE, and even the LSAT are essentially IQ tests). Even the NFL uses it (Wonderlic). They'd never call it an IQ test, of course.

Emotional intelligence is also important. Psychopaths understand peoples' emotions and use it to manipulate them. That's why most CEOs have psychopathic tendencies.

All that said, if high intelligence was an important trait for humans, we'd all be Einsteins. I'm of the opinion that IQ above a certain level is a negative for most life situations. It might help you harness the power of the atom, but it won't help your life and marriage (Einstein had a messy divorce, his relationship with his children wasn't that great, and he regularly met with a psychiatrist).