Re: From the

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
I agree that this MAGA community is morally adrift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please, tell me if I'm wrong, but haven't you previously argued that ex-cons have "paid their debt to society" and should no longer have their rights abridged after release? I'm pretty darn sure you've made that argument.
Sure. I think they have a right to vote. Non-violent felons should even have the right to petition to have gun rights restored.

What does that have to do with the MAGA community who has decided to go with a pedophile as their fire chief?

Logically, you should support the fire chief being able to interact with kids and enter school zones.
I support the MAGA-community-installed-as-fire-chief's right to vote, and the MAGA-community-installed-as-fire-chief's right to petition to have his gun rights restored. I don't support the MAGA-community's decision to have this person installed as their fire chief. I don't understand why it must logically follow that because I'm OK with the guy voting, it follows that I'm OK with the guy being fire chief.
So you only support the restoration of some rights and don't believe he's "paid his debt to society". OK.
? I'm OK with the pedo having the right to run. I have a problem with the MAGA-community's decision.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote: I seriously struggle with ostracizing ex-cons. On one hand they have done awful things, on the other they deserve forgiveness and the ability to make a living. Making them into social pariah isn't kind and leads them having to commit other crimes to support themselves. Yet they can't really be trusted either. It's a difficult balance.
I don't.

I'm all for walling off Long Island and dumping felons and sex criminals there after their terms are done.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
? I'm OK with the pedo having the right to run. I have a problem with the MAGA-community's decision.
It would not be immoral to support a person who has "paid his/her debt to society."

You are saying people who support him are immoral - ergo, you don't believe he has "paid his debt to society".
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I seriously struggle with ostracizing ex-cons. On one hand they have done awful things, on the other they deserve forgiveness and the ability to make a living. Making them into social pariah isn't kind and leads them having to commit other crimes to support themselves. Yet they can't really be trusted either. It's a difficult balance.
Thanks to the liberal media, this MAGA community who didn't have a problem with allowing a pedophile as a Fire Chief previously will probably be forced to have a problem with it now. Then again, Trump folks like Trump because he doesn't buy into this soft, PC fake news BS. They'll probably just give everyone the bird and tell them to bugger off, our pedophile is the fire chief as long as he wants to be!

Liberal Pennsylvanians eat poop. PA Trump supporters elect pedophiles to positions of public trust.
PA is awesome.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I seriously struggle with ostracizing ex-cons. On one hand they have done awful things, on the other they deserve forgiveness and the ability to make a living. Making them into social pariah isn't kind and leads them having to commit other crimes to support themselves. Yet they can't really be trusted either. It's a difficult balance.
Thanks to the liberal media, this MAGA community who didn't have a problem with allowing a pedophile as a Fire Chief previously will probably be forced to have a problem with it now. Then again, Trump folks like Trump because he doesn't buy into this soft, PC fake news BS. They'll probably just give everyone the bird and tell them to bugger off, our pedophile is the fire chief as long as he wants to be!

Liberal Pennsylvanians eat poop. PA Trump supporters elect pedophiles to positions of public trust.
PA is awesome.
Best post ever, DC.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: From the "Pedophilia will NEVER be normalized" file

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
It would not be immoral to support a person who has "paid his/her debt to society."

You are saying people who support him are immoral - ergo, you don't believe he has "paid his debt to society".
OK. You got me.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. You got me.

For myself, I think the phrase is silly. I'm fine with life imprisonment, castration, and even death in some circumstances for convicted violent sex offenders and pedophiles.

Prison isn't rehabilitative (if anything it makes them worse), folks like that will always be a threat to society.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. You got me.

For myself, I think the phrase is silly. I'm fine with life imprisonment, castration, and even death in some circumstances for convicted violent sex offenders and pedophiles.

Prison isn't rehabilitative (if anything it makes them worse), folks like that will always be a threat to society.
To be fair, I don’t recall using the phrase either. That was all you.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

OK. You got me.

To be fair, I don’t recall using the phrase either. That was all you.

Fair enough, but it is the concept behind restoration of rights for felons.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Strange thread
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:Strange thread
You ain’t kidding

Fully vaccinated, still not dead