Gary Cohn out

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Gary Cohn out

Post by nolanvt »

The number of departures this soon is starting to look like that Tim Couch Browns jersey that gets updated for each starting quarterback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Gary Cohn out

Post by awesome guy »

I'll take names Nolan learned 30 minutes ago for $100 Alex.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I'll take names Nolan learned 30 minutes ago for $100 Alex.
That would have been funny, but you prematurely ejaculated this point yesterday, when it didn’t make sense.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
That would have been funny, but you prematurely ejaculated this point yesterday, when it didn’t make sense.

I can shoot two loads, just as potent.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

How much medication does that require for you nowadays?

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

0, I'm not a low-t, soy based millennial.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

0, I'm not a low-t, soy based millennial.
Pretty good. You win the thread.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:The number of departures this soon is starting to look like that Tim Couch Browns jersey that gets updated for each starting quarterback.

He didn't get his way on trade so he's taking a walk. Another Wall Streeter that can't stand to not get his way. What did he expect coming to work for the White House?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:The number of departures this soon is starting to look like that Tim Couch Browns jersey that gets updated for each starting quarterback.

He didn't get his way on trade so he's taking a walk. Another Wall Streeter that can't stand to not get his way. What did he expect coming to work for the White House?
Maybe he thought he could be like the NRA, and tell Trump what to think.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

It sounds like he has voiced his opinion in meetings, as have others, trying to convince Trump to change directions on this topic. Trump has said he's listened to both sides and has determined the path he wants to take.

As for the NRA, not sure I understand your point of them telling Trump what to think. It appears he has taken the same approach on the gun debate, listening to both sides then reaching a conclusion. That conclusion may be different than his original position. Is he being persuaded by the discussion , is he just wishy-washy, or is he just playing games, who knows?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

Exactly, he disagreed with Trump and did not get his way so he quit. The egos in the WH is the issue, there are lots of uber rich folks that think only their opinion matters. So what, you did not win the argument, that happens to normal people daily
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Of course of the next school shooter is 24 we need to raise the age to buy ANY firearm to 26, right? You do realize that raising the age only infringes on people that are just wanting to purchase a rifle for whatever purpose, not the folks that decide murdering folks is ok. And how many of the school shooters actually owned the weapons they used.... so far, 1
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Exactly, he disagreed with Trump and did not get his way so he quit. The egos in the WH is the issue, there are lots of uber rich folks that think only their opinion matters. So what, you did not win the argument, that happens to normal people daily
I imagine it would be difficult for someone who actually understands the issue at hand to be overruled by someone like Trump.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Of course of the next school shooter is 24 we need to raise the age to buy ANY firearm to 26, right? You do realize that raising the age only infringes on people that are just wanting to purchase a rifle for whatever purpose, not the folks that decide murdering folks is ok. And how many of the school shooters actually owned the weapons they used.... so far, 1
I’m OK with 30.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I imagine it would be difficult for someone who actually understands the issue at hand to be overruled by someone like Trump.

:lol:

Poor little babies are scared to death over TWADE WARS.

Give me a break.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Give me a break.
are you referring to cohn?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Give me a break.
The ways countries retaliate can be interesting. For example, in a previous trade spat, Japan responded by litigating royalties that a Japanese bottler paid The Coca-Cola Company, which in the end reduced KOs income.

Furthermore, it's terrible policy. Look a the steel price below. China started cutting production about a year ago (due to pollution - and of course over supply).

People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:

I'm guessing he didn't want to be an Chief economic adviser when the administration did something so economically stupid.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I’m OK with 30.

of course you are, you think a cop is within 10 feet of every human in the country. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I'm guessing he didn't want to be an Chief economic adviser when the administration did something so economically stupid.
Stupid in his opinion, but not in the opinion of others apparently.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

He should have consulted you, your brilliance would have swayed him for sure. Still wondering how most other countries on the planet tax imported items and the world economy still functions
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Well, not in the opinion of one. That doesn't change the fact that it is stupid.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Well, not in the opinion of one. That doesn't change the fact that it is stupid.
Your opinion isn't a fact.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

He should have consulted you, your brilliance would have swayed him for sure. Still wondering how most other countries on the planet tax imported items and the world economy still functions
He (Cohn) didn't need to. He came to the logical conclusion on his own.

Tax and tariff are not the same. We tax all imports as well. We also have tariffs.

If the bar for good policy is "functioning," then you have a really low bar.
People who know, know.