So who does everyone have in PA-18?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Trump won this rural district by 20 points, and he’s been campaigning there, so I’m guessing it’s just a formality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Re: So who does everyone have in PA-18?

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Trump won this rural district by 20 points, and he’s been campaigning there, so I’m guessing it’s just a formality.

Well, Saccone has already received the dreaded Trump +1, so I'll predict a narrow victory by The Sham.
Seriously, though, how many people are going to vote in a special election, in a district that won't exist in the November elections?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Trump won this rural district by 20 points, and he’s been campaigning there, so I’m guessing it’s just a formality.

Well, Saccone has already received the dreaded Trump +1, so I'll predict a narrow victory by The Sham.
Seriously, though, how many people are going to vote in a special election, in a district that won't exist in the November elections?
Turn out was very high per Saccone camp.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Dem is pro life, pro 2a, anti Pelosi running against a meh R replacing a guy who stepped down after knocking his mistress up and telling her to get an abortion.

Snoozer election. Also, national turnout =/= local turnout. Probably won't know the winner for a few days until the Dems find a trunk full of ballots on the 3rd recount.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Dem is pro life, pro 2a, anti Pelosi running against a meh R replacing a guy who stepped down after knocking his mistress up and telling her to get an abortion.

Snoozer election. Also, national turnout =/= local turnout. Probably won't know the winner for a few days until the Dems find a trunk full of ballots on the 3rd recount.
Got it.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Have you seen the pub candidate? He looks like a loser.........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:

Nothing to see here.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Nothing to see here.

Lamb pro-gun, pro-life (personally, not politically), for the Trump tariff, pro tax cut. He isn't anything like the majority of Dems today. He's way to the right of today's Dem party. The likelihood of Dems like him making it past primaries seems slim.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Nothing to see here.

Lamb pro-gun, pro-life (personally, not politically), for the Trump tariff, pro tax cut. He isn't anything like the majority of Dems today. He's way to the right of today's Dem party. The likelihood of Dems like him making it past primaries seems slim.
LOL- this is a new one- even for Dems. "I personally want to kick out all immigrants and re-instate machine guns..but not
"politically"..lol that is a new form of awesome haha
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Nothing to see here.

Yup. The Dumbs are throwing out pro life people from their party. But, ip’s got it......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

and add to that the state is redrawing the district lines and as of next month neither guy will have a district to represent, the seat disappears come January per the re-draw so they will have to run again for the election I assume in Nov with the rest of the elections, the new districts take affect 1/1/19
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

and add to that the state is redrawing the district lines and as of next month neither guy will have a district to represent, the seat disappears come January per the re-draw so they will have to run again for the election I assume in Nov with the rest of the elections, the new districts take affect 1/1/19
That given the case, it is surprising to see the GOP outspend the Democrats. With Trump winning the district by 20, and the GOP losing now, one must question how well Trump is going to do when running against a candidate who is not Hillary Clinton.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

That given the case, it is surprising to see the GOP outspend the Democrats. With Trump winning the district by 20, and the GOP losing now, one must question how well Trump is going to do when running against a candidate who is not Hillary Clinton.

local races are well... local

and from what is being said about the dem that won...the locals elected a republican