9 of last 10 major winners are first timers, Tiger finishes

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

16 shots back, behind such stalwarts, household names and "top 10" guys such as Cameron Smith, Tony Finau, Tommy Fleetwood, Adam Hadwin, Si Woo Kim, and Satoshi Kodaira. Even on a "hard course" too. Yep, Tiger's back, and yep only "Top" guys win on tour and beat Tiger.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: 9 of last 10 major winners are first timers, Tiger finis

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:16 shots back, behind such stalwarts, household names and "top 10" guys such as Cameron Smith, Tony Finau, Tommy Fleetwood, Adam Hadwin, Si Woo Kim, and Satoshi Kodaira. Even on a "hard course" too. Yep, Tiger's back, and yep only "Top" guys win on tour and beat Tiger.
Thoughts and prayers, CFB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:16 shots back, behind such stalwarts, household names and "top 10" guys such as Cameron Smith, Tony Finau, Tommy Fleetwood, Adam Hadwin, Si Woo Kim, and Satoshi Kodaira. Even on a "hard course" too. Yep, Tiger's back, and yep only "Top" guys win on tour and beat Tiger.

Didn't ask for them. Just pointing out how blatently wrong 12356470938Hokie was on this topic AGAIN.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Didn't ask for them. Just pointing out how blatently wrong 12356470938Hokie was on this topic AGAIN.
Wow. 6 tournaments in after major surgery and you expect him to win a major or he's a failure. Ok. I guess Mickelson, Scott, Kaymer, Johnson, et al are even bigger failures since they did worse and aren't coming off injury. Oh, and you may want to look at the top 10 on the leaderboard and rethink your snark about the competition level. Yeah, you aren't biased.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Professional Golf purse fights are the best purse fights.

:mrgreen:
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Wow. 6 tournaments in after major surgery and you expect him to win a major or he's a failure. Ok. I guess Mickelson, Scott, Kaymer, Johnson, et al are even bigger failures since they did worse and aren't coming off injury. Oh, and you may want to look at the top 10 on the leaderboard and rethink your snark about the competition level. Yeah, you aren't biased.
You stated Tiger playing well in his made for TV event at his handpicked resort course was an indication he was "back"- not me- YOU said that. Now you are making excuses for him. Biased? yes you are very much. You also said only a handful of top players win on tour. also dead wrong. 9 out of the last 10 major winners proves the unprecendented level of parity at the very top of the game- something you said doesn't exist. You are dead wrong on both of those points. IIWII.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You stated Tiger playing well in his made for TV event at his handpicked resort course was an indication he was "back"- not me- YOU said that. Now you are making excuses for him. Biased? yes you are very much. You also said only a handful of top players win on tour. also dead wrong. 9 out of the last 10 major winners proves the unprecendented level of parity at the very top of the game- something you said doesn't exist. You are dead wrong on both of those points. IIWII.
Based on where he was, he is “back.”

Why don’t you give us a list of the golfers who finished behind Tiger.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Finau apparently snuck up on CFB this weekend. Was this his first tournament???

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Stay pissed
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Thoughts and prayers, CFB.

Stay pissed
This is a discussion about a gentlemen’s game played by gentlemen. Stay in your lane.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote: Didn't ask for them. Just pointing out how blatently wrong 12356470938Hokie was on this topic AGAIN.

Stay pissed
This is a discussion about a gentlemen’s game played by gentlemen. Stay in your lane.

Why, you're in it?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

OK, now that we have established the standard for Tiger being "back" - Hovering around the cut line, finishing T32 at a major he has won 4 times, finishing 16 shots back, "beating" guys that missed the cut or finished 20 back. Good, now that we know the standard, we can celebrate when he almost makes the cut at Shinnecock. Thanks
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Thoughts and prayers, CFB.

OK, now that we have established the standard for Tiger being "back" - Hovering around the cut line, finishing T32 at a major he has won 4 times, finishing 16 shots back, "beating" guys that missed the cut or finished 20 back. Good, now that we know the standard, we can celebrate when he almost makes the cut at Shinnecock. Thanks
I don’t play golf or follow it (that’s what you’ve told me), but I didn’t think the cut was around T30.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Didn't ask for them. Just pointing out how blatently wrong 12356470938Hokie was on this topic AGAIN.[/quote]
Wow. 6 tournaments in after major surgery and you expect him to win a major or he's a failure. Ok. I guess Mickelson, Scott, Kaymer, Johnson, et al are even bigger failures since they did worse and aren't coming off injury. Oh, and you may want to look at the top 10 on the leaderboard and rethink your snark about the competition level. Yeah, you aren't biased.[/quote]

You stated Tiger playing well in his made for TV event at his handpicked resort course was an indication he was "back"- not me- YOU said that. Now you are making excuses for him. Biased? yes you are very much. You also said only a handful of top players win on tour. also dead wrong. 9 out of the last 10 major winners proves the unprecendented level of parity at the very top of the game- something you said doesn't exist. You are dead wrong on both of those points. IIWII.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

OK, now that we have established the standard for Tiger being "back" - Hovering around the cut line, finishing T32 at a major he has won 4 times, finishing 16 shots back, "beating" guys that missed the cut or finished 20 back. Good, now that we know the standard, we can celebrate when he almost makes the cut at Shinnecock. Thanks[/quote]

I don’t play golf or follow it (that’s what you’ve told me), but I didn’t think the cut was around T30.

Your black hackers score better beacuse of fast twitch muscles ignorance/assinine take aside... The cut at the masters was +5.. Tiger's 2 day total was +4.. even for a "bright" lawyer.. that is hovering around the cut line. Thanks
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

And he IS back to a competitive level. He competed and finished in the top half of a strong field. He wasn't a flop. He wasn't chunking shots, blading chips or miss reading putts. He wasn't spraying his driver all over the course.

Patrick Reed is a top player on tour and he won. If you look at the top 10 finishers they are almost exclusively top players. The top players were the ones in contention.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Wow. 6 tournaments in after major surgery and you expect him to win a major or he's a failure. Ok. I guess Mickelson, Scott, Kaymer, Johnson, et al are even bigger failures since they did worse and aren't coming off injury. Oh, and you may want to look at the top 10 on the leaderboard and rethink your snark about the competition level. Yeah, you aren't biased.[/quote]

You stated Tiger playing well in his made for TV event at his handpicked resort course was an indication he was "back"- not me- YOU said that. Now you are making excuses for him. Biased? yes you are very much. You also said only a handful of top players win on tour. also dead wrong. 9 out of the last 10 major winners proves the unprecendented level of parity at the very top of the game- something you said doesn't exist. You are dead wrong on both of those points. IIWII.[/quote]

OK, now that we have established the standard for Tiger being "back" - Hovering around the cut line, finishing T32 at a major he has won 4 times, finishing 16 shots back, "beating" guys that missed the cut or finished 20 back. Good, now that we know the standard, we can celebrate when he almost makes the cut at Shinnecock. Thanks[/quote]

Your black hackers score better beacuse of fast twitch muscles ignorance/assinine take aside... The cut at the masters was +5.. Tiger's 2 day total was +4.. even for a "bright" lawyer.. that is hovering around the cut line. Thanks[/quote]

I don’t play golf, so I didn’t appreciate that golf is the one athletic activity where athletic ability hurts. You’ve set me straight again.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

[/quote]

Didn't ask for them. Just pointing out how blatently wrong 12356470938Hokie was on this topic AGAIN.[/quote]

Your black hackers score better beacuse of fast twitch muscles ignorance/assinine take aside... The cut at the masters was +5.. Tiger's 2 day total was +4.. even for a "bright" lawyer.. that is hovering around the cut line. Thanks[/quote]

I don’t play golf, so I didn’t appreciate that golf is the one athletic activity where athletic ability hurts. You’ve set me straight again.

Yep.. the "blacks are just better at golf" take is wrong, patently. You and BG disagree with EVERY objective data point and history on the matter. It's OK.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Yep.. the "blacks are just better at golf" take is wrong, patently. You and BG disagree with EVERY objective data point and history on the matter. It's OK.[/quote]

If that accurately described my take, you’d be right.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:

And he IS back to a competitive level. He competed and finished in the top half of a strong field. He wasn't a flop. He wasn't chunking shots, blading chips or miss reading putts. He wasn't spraying his driver all over the course.

Patrick Reed is a top player on tour and he won. If you look at the top 10 finishers they are almost exclusively top players. The top players were the ones in contention.[/quote]

Yes, the guy that won 7 out of 11 majors, has 14 total, won a US open on one leg, has stated on numerous occiasions that he won't enter a tournament unless he can win, is "back" by being middle of the pack at The Masters- a torunament he has missed one cut in all time, and won 4 times, and won by a record margin. ANYONE that questions that is a biased hater. Got it.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

There is no debate that Tiger revolutionized the game. He’s an excellent player that made it cool for athletes to play golf. When Tiger first joined the tour, most of the players hit the bar after the round. With his athleticism kicking the crap out of them, those guys changed going to the the bar into going to the gym.

Tiger’s still a top 10 talent, but in his run of wins, he didn’t compete against guys that could hit it just as long as he could. Length intimidates, but this new breed of golfer can hit it just as far. So, Tiger is back, but he may never win another major because of the level of golf he brought to the game.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:There is no debate that Tiger revolutionized the game. He’s an excellent player that made it cool for athletes to play golf. When Tiger first joined the tour, most of the players hit the bar after the round. With his athleticism kicking the crap out of them, those guys changed going to the the bar into going to the gym.

Tiger’s still a top 10 talent, but in his run of wins, he didn’t compete against guys that could hit it just as long as he could. Length intimidates, but this new breed of golfer can hit it just as far. So, Tiger is back, but he may never win another major because of the level of golf he brought to the game.
I agree with this 100%. I think he will play well again, and win on tour- probable this year. Is he going to be "Tiger" again? no, not in my opinion. He admitted this week that he and Phil "don't have that many left" in terms of major chances. That is not the Tiger Woods that dominated golf and said he wouldn't show up unless he could win. And despite 123456hokie being the only person on earth to disagree- golf is deeper and more competitive now than it's ever been. There is more parity, there are more top flight international and now asian players. The field is much deeper than when he won the masters in 1997. Speith shot two rounds under 67 this week and finished 3rd. David Toms, a mentally weak Duval, DA points, Davis love this is not.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Tiger is good for the game. His success is remarkable.

Can he capture his former ability :?: I don't know but having him back on the course is a + for the game.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Tiger is good for the game. His success is remarkable.

It is until the guy whose been to the driving range twice watches Tiger, and decides he could break 90 at the local muni if he just took a few more practice swings and lines up his putts like Tiger.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

It is until the guy whose been to the driving range twice watches Tiger, and decides he could break 90 at the local muni if he just took a few more practice swings and lines up his putts like Tiger.

Yes, and also until the world's largest sports outlet doesn't discuss or cover the top 31 finishers at a major championship.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Yes, and also until the world's largest sports outlet doesn't discuss or cover the top 31 finishers at a major championship.
No argument there.