I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtue?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtu

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Culture, religion, ideas (its all really the same thing).

There are two traits of peaceful, high functioning societies: cultural unity/cohesion and high IQ.

Stop being so silly. You define assimilation around food items when to us Americans, it's about belief in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not eating tacos as you dumb the debate down to. America is an idea that we're the best with the least government. Immigrants have to believe that to assimilate.
USN said it was cultural unity/cohesion. I was countering that. sounds like you agree with me. glad you and I are on the same page.
I defined our culture counter to the asinine way you did. Not sure how that's agreement. America is an idea, you defined it as food and clothes. Assimilation is unity around that idea.
The fact that all he could come up with is pizza (actually, pizza is arguably an American creation) and Italian restaurants speaks to how little real integration was required.

I guess HvilleHokie would equate those with female genital mutilation, honor killings, burkhas, etc.
IP calls that honesty, the culture of liars and deceivers.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:[

I said nothing about race.
I see. What are we discussing?

There are two traits of peaceful, high functioning societies: cultural unity/cohesion and high IQ.
Which religions are OK?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What features of Islam would you like to integrate into our society?
Honesty.

Do you think it's "honest" that Islam requires 4 (male?) witnesses to establish whether a woman was raped?

Islam doesn't teach honesty IMO, it teaches strict adherence to the koran, but they will lie/cheat/steal around any caveats they think exist. It's why they rape little boys (for example) and non-Muslim women. Muhammad says not to have sex with Muslim women you're not married to - so everything else is fair game.

If you're concerned with honesty, though, you should oppose law (lawyering) supplanting moral norms. As we become a more atheist society, what is "not illegal" becomes moral.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Stop being so silly. You define assimilation around food items when to us Americans, it's about belief in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Not eating tacos as you dumb the debate down to. America is an idea that we're the best with the least government. Immigrants have to believe that to assimilate.
USN said it was cultural unity/cohesion. I was countering that. sounds like you agree with me. glad you and I are on the same page.
I defined our culture counter to the asinine way you did. Not sure how that's agreement. America is an idea, you defined it as food and clothes. Assimilation is unity around that idea.
The fact that all he could come up with is pizza (actually, pizza is arguably an American creation) and Italian restaurants speaks to how little real integration was required.

I guess HvilleHokie would equate those with female genital mutilation, honor killings, burkhas, etc.
IP calls that honesty, the culture of liars and deceivers.
Yep. I've been to several countries in the middle east + Turkey and it's all the same. The Saudis love driving over the bridge into Bahrain to drink because they think Allah can't see beyond the Arabian peninsula.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

That's the same tired argument the protestant establishment used during the potato famine to argue against the irish immigrating.

And the jews in the 30's.

And the Italians in the 1900's.

The fact is all of these folks have immigrated into our society and made it stronger.
Lol, no it isn't.

Here's a little secret - most of those immigrants went back.
what? that's not even close to true.

Ireland has 30% less people right now than it did in 1840.
That statistic doesn't refute my point at all, though my comment was in reference to the industrial period as a whole. I'll have to dig up the study I read.

You deleted the rest of my post - should I assume that means you either agree or don't have a response?
You strike me as a debate team type.

Nah. Debate team was all dorks.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
That's the same tired argument the protestant establishment used during the potato famine to argue against the irish immigrating.

The fact is all of these folks have immigrated into our society and made it stronger.
Lol, no it isn't.

Here's a little secret - most of those immigrants went back.
what? that's not even close to true.

Ireland has 30% less people right now than it did in 1840.
That statistic doesn't refute my point at all, though my comment was in reference to the industrial period as a whole. I'll have to dig up the study I read.

You deleted the rest of my post - should I assume that means you either agree or don't have a response?
You strike me as a debate team type.

Nah. Debate team was all dorks.
Got it.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

People pushing "diversity" for diversity sake lead miserable lives. They hate the fact that Joe American is happy in his christian neighborhood, driving his truck, hunting his deer, raising his kids under one roof. They loathe that, because their lives suck in whatever crowded city they live in with their crappy job. So of course, they push "diversity" so that Joe christian hunter's life becomes just as miserable. You think people of greater Minneapolis are happier today than they were in 1990? No chance.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Can you say "assimilation"? I knew you could!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:People pushing "diversity" for diversity sake lead miserable lives. They hate the fact that Joe American is happy in his christian neighborhood, driving his truck, hunting his deer, raising his kids under one roof. They loathe that, because their lives suck in whatever crowded city they live in with their crappy job. So of course, they push "diversity" so that Joe christian hunter's life becomes just as miserable. You think people of greater Minneapolis are happier today than they were in 1990? No chance.
They're liars and won't engage in honest debate about what they want out of diversity. They're self loathing and too stupid to see the backlash they're creating as people are passed over for jobs because they're a white male. That's the type of thing remembered and then later acted upon.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lol, no it isn't.

Here's a little secret - most of those immigrants went back. Only the ones who wanted to be here and succeeded here stayed. You can have more open immigration with a need for unskilled labor and a lack of a welfare state - neither are true today. Also, all those groups shared Christianity and western principles, allowing them to integrate (which still was not easy).

You deviate from my point, though. All peaceful, high-functioning societies share culture and have higher IQ. Below IQ 90, democracy cannot function. What do you think average IQ in Syria is?

If more than 1% went back, I’d be shocked. You’re suggesting that 51%, minimum did? Where do you get that?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Honesty.

Dude. Read up on mohammedism. Lying is okay, so long as you lie to a non mohammedian.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HvilleHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

All those groups assimilated, too.
except for st patricks day, Italian restaurants, mel brooks movies, irish pubs, Columbus day, Seinfeld, pizza, etc.

LOL...uh, .no.

No “except”
so you accept that when immigrants come here, they bring their culture with them. and that adds to the diversity of our current culture, religion, and ideas.

I'm glad I was able to bring you around.
Im not sure what you think you brought me around on... but we appear to disagree on what assimilation means, what it meant then, and what it means now.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:[

All those groups assimilated, too.
except for st patricks day, Italian restaurants, mel brooks movies, irish pubs, Columbus day, Seinfeld, pizza, etc.

LOL...uh, .no.

No “except”
so you accept that when immigrants come here, they bring their culture with them. and that adds to the diversity of our current culture, religion, and ideas.

I'm glad I was able to bring you around.
Im not sure what you think you brought me around on... but we appear to disagree on what assimilation means, what it meant then, and what it means now.
Yeah, you think assimilation means having a shawarma shop in town.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:People pushing "diversity" for diversity sake lead miserable lives. They hate the fact that Joe American is happy in his christian neighborhood, driving his truck, hunting his deer, raising his kids under one roof. They loathe that, because their lives suck in whatever crowded city they live in with their crappy job. So of course, they push "diversity" so that Joe christian hunter's life becomes just as miserable. You think people of greater Minneapolis are happier today than they were in 1990? No chance.
They're liars and won't engage in honest debate about what they want out of diversity. They're self loathing and too stupid to see the backlash they're creating as people are passed over for jobs because they're a white male. That's the type of thing remembered and then later acted upon.
Sounds like loser talk.

Betas bitch about how they were passed us for someone who doesn’t look like them.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sounds like loser talk.

Betas bitch about how they were passed us for someone who doesn’t look like them.

That's moron talk. An imbecile thinks demographics are legitimate grounds for promotion.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sounds like loser talk.

That's moron talk. An imbecile thinks demographics are legitimate grounds for promotion.
Betas look to others to promote them.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sounds like loser talk.

Betas look for factors other than performance for promotion.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sounds like loser talk.

I promote myself.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:They're liars and won't engage in honest debate about what they want out of diversity. They're self loathing and too stupid to see the backlash they're creating as people are passed over for jobs because they're a white male. That's the type of thing remembered and then later acted upon.
Sounds like loser talk.

I promote myself.

Loser
ip_law-hokie

I can't stand "diversity". When did that become a virtue?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Sounds like loser talk.

I promote myself.

Loser
OK. Keep winning and bitching about how you were passed up.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: That's moron talk. An imbecile thinks demographics are legitimate grounds for promotion.

I promote myself.

Loser
OK. Keep winning and bitching about how you were passed up.

Learn to read dumbass
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

You two get a room
Salute the Marines
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sounds like loser talk.

No, betas look for non-merit-based hiring (quotas); or promotion.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson