Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: And Michael Cohen's mystery client that he wanted to kee

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
TDB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Riiigghhtt
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Let me ask how his name is pertinent to the Cohen/Trump investigation? Why would a judge “unmask” an unrelated client?
ElbertoHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:So what?

Is this a leak?
Cohen's lawyer's motion to hide who the client was, was denied by a judge. So Cohen's lawyer announced it.
They must have had their reasons. . .

Uh huh.
It’s a federal judge, appointed by Reagan, in Manhattan. I’ll trust her judgment and impartiality over yours.

She's a federal judge that Hillary recommended to Bill for AG in the 90s!

I'm sure she has no animus against the guy who beat her girl in 2016. Nope, none at all.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Huh, so now we've learned that not only is the left cool with violating attorney-client privilege, they are also cool with violating people's right to privacy. So weird how they just throw their so-called "principles" to the wind if they think it benefits them politically. Makes you wonder how far they would go to violate people's rights.

Anyways, just so everyone is clear on who this judge is (don't tell me this is not politics):
Billionaire investor George Soros, 83, will marry 42-year-old Tamiko Bolton today, followed by a huge party at his Caramoor Estate in Bedford, with 500 guests.

We’re told the couple will say their vows in front of a select group of friends and family before they celebrate with hundreds from 4:30 p.m. onward.

Those expected include World Bank president Jim Yong Kim and Toomas Hendrik Ilves, president of Estonia; Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, president of Liberia; and Edi Rama, prime minister of Albania.

Also there will be Paul Tudor Jones II and Rep. Nancy Pelosi. Festivities started Friday night with a dinner at Le Bernardin, followed by cocktails with a few hundred guests at MoMA.

Soros and Bolton, a health care consultant, will exchange vows in a small ceremony on Saturday morning at the Bedford, New York estate, which Soros bought in 2003 from “Jurassic Park” author Michael Crichton.

Kimba Wood, a federal judge, will perform the non-denominational ceremony, which will be attended by members of the couple’s families, including his five children, a source familiar with the arrangements told Reuters.

https://pagesix.com/2013/09/20/politica ... s-wedding/

And can someone honestly say that revealing Hannity's name is relevant to the case at hand? That said, even if Hannity consulted with Cohen, so what? Is that supposed to be some kind of crime? I guess to the left, anything that their political enemies do is now a crime.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Huh, so now we've learned that not only is the left cool with violating attorney-client privilege, they are also cool with violating people's right to privacy. So weird how they just throw their so-called "principles" to the wind if they think it benefits them politically. Makes you wonder how far they would go to violate people's rights.

Anyways, just so everyone is clear on who this judge is (don't tell me this is not politics):
Billionaire investor George Soros, 83, will marry 42-year-old Tamiko Bolton today, followed by a huge party at his Caramoor Estate in Bedford, with 500 guests.

We’re told the couple will say their vows in front of a select group of friends and family before they celebrate with hundreds from 4:30 p.m. onward.

Those expected include World Bank president Jim Yong Kim and Toomas Hendrik Ilves, president of Estonia; Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, president of Liberia; and Edi Rama, prime minister of Albania.

Also there will be Paul Tudor Jones II and Rep. Nancy Pelosi. Festivities started Friday night with a dinner at Le Bernardin, followed by cocktails with a few hundred guests at MoMA.

Soros and Bolton, a health care consultant, will exchange vows in a small ceremony on Saturday morning at the Bedford, New York estate, which Soros bought in 2003 from “Jurassic Park” author Michael Crichton.

Kimba Wood, a federal judge, will perform the non-denominational ceremony, which will be attended by members of the couple’s families, including his five children, a source familiar with the arrangements told Reuters.

https://pagesix.com/2013/09/20/politica ... s-wedding/

And can someone honestly say that revealing Hannity's name is relevant to the case at hand? That said, even if Hannity consulted with Cohen, so what? Is that supposed to be some kind of crime? I guess to the left, anything that their political enemies do is now a crime.
The details are not publicly available, but that hasn’t stopped some of us from making conclusions based on those details.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:shock: Wait a minute.
The judge...is the same one performing Soro’s marriage!?!?

If there was real news in this country...that would be above the fold everywhere
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote::shock: Wait a minute.

If there was real news in this country...that would be above the fold everywhere
She married Soros back in 2013.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yowza. That is incredible.
Deep state indeed.
Salute the Marines
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

:o :shock: :o
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:undisclosed was..................

Sean Hannity.

You can't make this shiRt up.
First, it is nobodies business what lawyer Hannity has ever used, second, this it the crap we were talking about when you illegally raid a lawyer trying to find a crime.

Third, why is this news? Hannity can use whatever effing lawyer he want to for anything...SAME AS YOU
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Yowza. That is incredible.
Deep state indeed.
More like the Derp State, which is Cohen and his lawyer.
Cohen and his lawyer are the ones who said that Cohen had a bunch of clients that should be protected from the investigation.
The judge asked them to provide a list of clients, to her. They argued against giving her a list. After further questioning, the bunch of clients turned out to be.....3. Yes, Cohen has had 3 clients in the last 10+ years. Trump, Eli Brody, and Hannity.
Everyone knew about Trump and Brody, because, you know, cheating. When the judge told them they needed to disclose the 3rd, instead of handing a list to the judge, Cohen's lawyer blurted it out in court. Dumbarse.
And of course, Hannity doesn't have any privileged communication anyway.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

First, it is nobodies business what lawyer Hannity has ever used, second, this it the crap we were talking about when you illegally raid a lawyer trying to find a crime.

Third, why is this news? Hannity can use whatever effing lawyer he want to for anything...SAME AS YOU
I agree that it is nobody's business. Cohen's lawyer should have kept his mouth shut.
If you can't see why Trump's media lapdog being a client of Trump's longtime personal attorney (one of only 3 clients), is news, not sure what would be news to you.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

I agree that it is nobody's business. Cohen's lawyer should have kept his mouth shut.
If you can't see why Trump's media lapdog being a client of Trump's longtime personal attorney (one of only 3 clients), is news, not sure what would be news to you.
Don't even try to go down this road. Mainline media outlets are littered with former Democrats. It's an echo chamber of inbred political sycophants.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

2 sets of laws
Salute the Marines
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

ummm.... even dem lawyers have said what the fbi did to cohen was way out of line, Trump will not be in office forever, you folks are not going to like what happens when trump either loses the next election or finishes his second term. The precedent has been set by the dems... not good for the country. As for Hannity I do not get the "news". So what if he used Cohen (He says he did not and only used him for some real estate issues). So Hannity criticizing how this has all gone down is the same as the majority of the lawyers out there and legal experts
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

Don't even try to go down this road. Mainline media outlets are littered with former Democrats. It's an echo chamber of inbred political sycophants.
Yep.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

ummm.... even dem lawyers have said what the fbi did to cohen was way out of line, Trump will not be in office forever, you folks are not going to like what happens when trump either loses the next election or finishes his second term. The precedent has been set by the dems... not good for the country. As for Hannity I do not get the "news". So what if he used Cohen (He says he did not and only used him for some real estate issues). So Hannity criticizing how this has all gone down is the same as the majority of the lawyers out there and legal experts

First, I agreed with you about the first part so stop ranting about something I agree with.
Second, it is Cohen’s lawyer who blurred out Hannity’s name when he didn’t need to. If Hannity has an issue with it, he should talk to Cohen about it.

As for the “news” part, same thing, talk to Cohen. He’s the guy that told the judge that Hannity was a client. Anyone who is a client of Cohen’s is news because Cohen deals in trying to keep things quiet that people don’t want out in public. Like I said, there would be no news if Cohen’s hadn’t peed the bed in court.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

First, I agreed with you about the first part so stop ranting about something I agree with.
Second, it is Cohen’s lawyer who blurred out Hannity’s name when he didn’t need to. If Hannity has an issue with it, he should talk to Cohen about it.

As for the “news” part, same thing, talk to Cohen. He’s the guy that told the judge that Hannity was a client. Anyone who is a client of Cohen’s is news because Cohen deals in trying to keep things quiet that people don’t want out in public. Like I said, there would be no news if Cohen’s hadn’t peed the bed in court.
Pathetic spin. Cohen isn't to blame for this outrage.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Sean Hannity.

How do you know this?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: First, it is nobodies business what lawyer Hannity has ever used, second, this it the crap we were talking about when you illegally raid a lawyer trying to find a crime.

How do you know this?

Pig
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: I agree that it is nobody's business. Cohen's lawyer should have kept his mouth shut.

How do you know this?

Pig
Danville.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: ummm.... even dem lawyers have said what the fbi did to cohen was way out of line, Trump will not be in office forever, you folks are not going to like what happens when trump either loses the next election or finishes his second term. The precedent has been set by the dems... not good for the country. As for Hannity I do not get the "news". So what if he used Cohen (He says he did not and only used him for some real estate issues). So Hannity criticizing how this has all gone down is the same as the majority of the lawyers out there and legal experts

How do you know this?

Pig
Danville.

Jackass
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

RiverguyVT wrote:2 sets of laws
Yup.

Just look at this “investigation” vs the Clinton “investigation”. It’s so blatantly one sided.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

So now we know that its was a CNN lawyer that wanted Hannity's name revealed. Have they disclosed their connection to this yet?

This would also seem to put DC's argument to rest that it was Cohen's lawyer that made the decision to make Hannity's name public.

========================================

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So now we know that its was a CNN lawyer that wanted Hannity's name revealed. Have they disclosed their connection to this yet?

This would also seem to put DC's argument to rest that it was Cohen's lawyer that made the decision to make Hannity's name public.

That argument was already put to rest after reading the court transcript.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:So now we know that its was a CNN lawyer that wanted Hannity's name revealed. Have they disclosed their connection to this yet?

hokiedc, I will accept your apologies whenever you want to give them

keep in mind that EVERYONE on CNN have been going ape crap over Hannity not disclosing that he talked to Cohen at some point in his life, and yet in those two days not one peep from the vaunted CNN that it was them that forced the name to be announced in open court......